Can't Disband FBD Units

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Wheat

Can't Disband FBD Units

Post by Wheat »

Can the Germans not disband FBD units??? It's 1943, I am no longer advancing, don't need all of them and yet I can't disband them. I even took all the construction units out of one to see if that would allow it, but no dice. Is there a time when I can?
Chris21wen

RE: Can't Disband FBD Units

Post by Chris21wen »

No. See 18.5.1. Disband Requirements and Restrictions, page 164 new manual.
Wheat

Post by Wheat »

Thanks for the reference. However, this is an absolutely silly rule. Seems they keep putting restrictions on what the German High Command can do, in this case, with totally useless units. I really think Dennis or Morvael should reconsider.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

won't happen. These units are actually abstracted as in reality they represent a large organization tasked to operate the large soviet rail net.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
mouse707

Post by mouse707 »

I have the same problem with russian airbases in 1944. The luftwaffe is nearly destroyed and I have 7-8 empty air bases and 3 air HQ's using thousands of trucks that I can't disband, while I desperately need those f**** trucks :-)
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

won't happen. These units are actually abstracted as in reality they represent a large organization tasked to operate the large soviet rail net.
These units are actually abstracted as in reality they represent a large organization tasked to operate the large soviet rail net.

That makes perfect sense, cool.
- Mark

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”