Warning for all Battlefront Customers - Credit Card Fraud

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

RichG

RE: Warning for all Battlefront Customers - Credit Card Fraud

Post by RichG »

ORIGINAL: z1812

All anyone has to do is check your post history to see for themselves what the tone of your posts are concerning Battlefront.

Indeed, but I will save them the bother...
Battlefront were saying that 18 months ago.
Hopefully this means they can set about fixing the bugs in the version 4 updates of the other CM2 games which have made them pretty much unplayable for the last two years. Although I won't hold my breath.
And wait two years or more to get a fix when they release broken paid for updates which ruin the game.

Now my "taking a dump at all things CM" is clear for all to see. Not that that has anything to do with this thread.

76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great
I agree, however I believe you are given the choice the first time you order (with new card) as with many vendors. The problem is that there is a box that has to be checked for this and the default is that the box is checked which means you would have to notice that and uncheck the box. Pain in the rear as sooner or later when placing an order you can easily forget to "uncheck" the box.
With Bluepoint, you can check the box or not, but it saves your CC info in any event. A few times, Bluepoint would not let me complete an order unless I checked the box to save the CC to their site. I have asked Matrix about this and they said something like "Bluepoint is aware of this issue but have not gotten around to fixing it yet."

It has been like this for a few years now, so at this point I'm not sure that they will ever get around to fixing it. Not sure why Bluepoint or Matrix would treat customers like this...
MOS96B2P

Post by MOS96B2P »

[/quote]
With Bluepoint, you can check the box or not, but it saves your CC info in any event. A few times, Bluepoint would not let me complete an order unless I checked the box to save the CC to their site. I have asked Matrix about this and they said something like "Bluepoint is aware of this issue but have not gotten around to fixing it yet."

It has been like this for a few years now, so at this point I'm not sure that they will ever get around to fixing it. Not sure why Bluepoint or Matrix would treat customers like this...
[/quote]

WOW!!! I'll start to pay more attention when buying from Matrix. I didn't know this. I've not had any problems with credit card fraud when buying from Matrix but I wonder if others have?
Fleischer80

Post by Fleischer80 »

I read that thread on the Battlefront forums a week ago, but stupidly decided to buy their latest WW2 game anyway. Just got a call from the card company now. Luckily, the attempt was unsuccessful as it was caught by their anti-fraud systems. I do need to get another debit card though, which is quite irritating.

I say stupidly, because Battlefront has a reputation of not acknowledging problems or issues with their games and company. And I knew that because I used to spend quite a bit of my time posting bug reports on their forum many years ago, and every time it was met with deaf ears. The typical reply was that the mistake was on my part and that nothing was wrong with their game. "You just don't know how to play it!". Not acknowledging problems seems to be the modus operandi on that forum today as well.

Battlefront-Steve has now shut down that thread and refuses to acknowledge that this is happening. This despite dozens of people coming in there and reporting credit card fraud, and in some cases with cards that have only been used on Battlefront's store. His argument is that credit card fraud happens all the time, and that people flooding his forum with stories of hacked cards is simply to be expected anyway. In other words, no amount of Battlefront customers with hacked cards is going to prove this guy wrong!

Stay away from them. Don't buy from Battlefront until they have fixed this leak. Like RichG says, their current game engine is very bugridden anyway, and hasn't been patched in years.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: Fleischer80

I read that thread on the Battlefront forums a week ago, but stupidly decided to buy their latest WW2 game anyway. Just got a call from the card company now. Luckily, the attempt was unsuccessful as it was caught by their anti-fraud systems. I do need to get another debit card though, which is quite irritating.

I say stupidly, because Battlefront has a reputation of not acknowledging problems or issues with their games and company. And I knew that because I used to spend quite a bit of my time posting bug reports on their forum many years ago, and every time it was met with deaf ears. The typical reply was that the mistake was on my part and that nothing was wrong with their game. "You just don't know how to play it!". Not acknowledging problems seems to be the modus operandi on that forum today as well.

Battlefront-Steve has now shut down that thread and refuses to acknowledge that this is happening. This despite dozens of people coming in there and reporting credit card fraud, and in some cases with cards that have only been used on Battlefront's store. His argument is that credit card fraud happens all the time, and that people flooding his forum with stories of hacked cards is simply to be expected anyway. In other words, no amount of Battlefront customers with hacked cards is going to prove this guy wrong!

Stay away from them. Don't buy from Battlefront until they have fixed this leak. Like RichG says, their current game engine is very bugridden anyway, and hasn't been patched in years.

Hmmm? You admit to being fully aware, of what many consider to be unfounded claims of problems with digital transactions at Battlefront.

You dislike their company and Forums. You consider their games to be buggy and yet you still wanted to buy one of their games. You seem to be correct about your admitted stupidity.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i don't like the knocking of companies from elsewhere, where they can't reply etc, for me the thread needs to go either back there or locked and not carried on, i have no issues with them tbh.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Fleischer80

Post by Fleischer80 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

i don't like the knocking of companies from elsewhere, where they can't reply etc, for me the thread needs to go either back there or locked and not carried on, i have no issues with them tbh.

You have this backwards. It is I and all the other Battlefront customers with credit card frauds who can't say anything on THEIR forum, because they have shut down all talk on the topic. They can come here and defend themselves as much as they like, and they know this thread exists.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

sorry but don't agree with the thread and post, unless someone from there replies, it's one sided, so only gets used to knock a given view point, not saying it's not happening and sorry either way, but has next to nothing to do with this forum, which is the point of my post.

information on errors is always good to share, so thanks for the thread starter, but soon afterwards everyone else then jumps on the bandwagon and knocks a given view point, knowing no one else will say it's right or wrong so gets left unsaid, for everyone who dislikes a given game or developer or publisher, there's always about the same amount with the opposite view, if only one side is mentioning something, best imo to just let it lie and it / they will sort it out, without anyone else coming and adding fuel to the fire, threads are closed on forums for reasons, no one has to like it or accept it, only admin and owners / staff make the call.

i personally think we as members here, shouldn't get involved, and only complain there, not here, if you have a grievance etc.

so will pass my thoughts on for staff to decide.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Funeral words.
battlefront, ok but battlefront elsewhere.
Amen.
JosephM

Post by JosephM »

Hello All,

Sorry, but we are going to lock this. It is an important PSA, but the tone of the thread is turning nasty.

Credit Card fraud is a rising issue in the modern age, but there are many likely causes for this. If Battlefront operate as we do, and Steve Grammont has suggested they do, then they do not hold the card information at all so are not responsible for this. Then IF their payment provider has been compromised then yes this is important information to all who have purchased from there. However there are also dozens of other sites or reasons why this may have been affected. For all those who want further reading on how to try to prevent this you may find the below website useful, but I will lock this thread.
https://www.getsafeonline.org/protectin ... ernet-use/

Return to “General Discussion”