Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Neogodhobo

RE: Neogodhobo VS TheLysander AAR

Post by Neogodhobo »

Yeah I fear he will try to take the Romanians out as well. This is why Im shipping so many of my Pz.Gr down south ( not the tank divisions, but the Mot./Inf). Leningrad is going well though, just captured another suburb this morning ( in the soon coming AAR).
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

Oh wow that is a total disaster in the south. I really don't know why you did what you did. It wasn't a risk worth taking seeing how you didn't even pocket any units. Also I notice that you are attacking head on in many instances and I don't understand the reasoning for that. You will bleed the Wehrmacht dry this way and will not cause any damage to the Soviet war machine. The units in the north must be in terrible shape by now seeing how they are constantly attacking the Soviets with the goal of routing them. Why though? I don't know why you deployed PzGr 3 south of Lake Ilmen. The terrain there is bad even for infantry seeing how it is all swamps, river crossings and hills, so why deploy a PzGr there when you could have concentrated them further north to help you pocket some Soviets?

Hopefully you can use the snow to fix your line. Good report though!

You should always try to mix the Axis minors with your units so that they are never holding long stretches of the front on their own. That is basically gifting the Soviets Stalingrad style operations. Try to either stack the Minors with your forces or go for such line ups:

Ger Corps, Rum Corps, German Corps. German Corps, Rum Corps etc. That way even if they break you won't be facing a disaster.

Btw how are the losses looking like? And the air war?
AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: xhoel

Oh wow that is a total disaster in the south. I really don't know why you did what you did. It wasn't a risk worth taking seeing how you didn't even pocket any units. Also I notice that you are attacking head on in many instances and I don't understand the reasoning for that. You will bleed the Wehrmacht dry this way and will not cause any damage to the Soviet war machine. The units in the north must be in terrible shape by now seeing how they are constantly attacking the Soviets with the goal of routing them. Why though? I don't know why you deployed PzGr 3 south of Lake Ilmen. The terrain there is bad even for infantry seeing how it is all swamps, river crossings and hills, so why deploy a PzGr there when you could have concentrated them further north to help you pocket some Soviets?

Hopefully you can use the snow to fix your line. Good report though!

You should always try to mix the Axis minors with your units so that they are never holding long stretches of the front on their own. That is basically gifting the Soviets Stalingrad style operations. Try to either stack the Minors with your forces or go for such line ups:

Ger Corps, Rum Corps, German Corps. German Corps, Rum Corps etc. That way even if they break you won't be facing a disaster.

Btw how are the losses looking like? And the air war?

Take a look at the 8MP AAR. You will see that during the blizzard and snow turns I amassed attacks for the sole purpose of routing Soviet units ..it has three effects.1) morale 2) during the logistics phase additional losses are taken sometimes greater than the battle losses 3) these are units that will be unready for awhile ..

I particularly target Soviet armor units.. but also in Operation Pegasus found much profit in routing Cavalry:)
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Nicely done and better documented than the real battle [;)]
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

Take a look at the 8MP AAR. You will see that during the blizzard and snow turns I amassed attacks for the sole purpose of routing Soviet units ..it has three effects.1) morale 2) during the logistics phase additional losses are taken sometimes greater than the battle losses 3) these are units that will be unready for awhile ..

I particularly target Soviet armor units.. but also in Operation Pegasus found much profit in routing Cavalry:)

I am well aware of the effects that routing has on a unit but that wasn't the point that I wanted to get through. The point was, why should the German player constantly attack Soviet units every week (and seek to rout them) when they have the chance to cut through their line and surround said forces?

Adding to that the fact that the summer campaign and blizzard operations are two different things. During the blizzard I also try to attack weakened Soviet forces and rout them, however doing so in summer is a waste of men, guns, time and everything else for very little gain.
tm.asp?m=4490035
tm.asp?m=4488465
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I think Neo has done an incredibly good job for his first game.
I wish I did even a tenth as decently on my first shot at things!
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

My comments don't intend to bash the work that has been put in both the game and the AAR, I am just trying to offer some insight and advice so that Neos game improves in a short time span that's all.
tm.asp?m=4490035
tm.asp?m=4488465
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

You be the judge, there is 9 divisions that I rotate to attack Leningrad, those are three of them and they are all pretty much the same:

Im not sure what else I could have done around Leningrad other than pushing for it. The goal was Leningrad, and Soviet infantry was housed right in it. I came knocking on his door."Let me in" I said. "Not by the steel of my shiny tank tank" the answer was. So I decided I would Huff, and puff, until their house blew away. And it did, almost. And by the same time , their units were routing so that was a nice bonus. Deploying Pz.Gr 3 there ,as explained in my AAR was a distraction to lure in more of their troops. Maybe I wont do that again in my next games but I wont be a pro by tomorrow. Let me have my mistakes that I can learn from.

As far as the Kharkov pocket, I did that for the reason I wrote in the AAR; completely forgot about mud turn. Had I knew, I wouldnt have planned for a big tank push and brought forward the other Pz.Gr. I will definitly not rely too much on the Minors even in 41. I figured I could count on them for 41.

The losses so far : Image

AlexSF

Post by AlexSF »

I suggest you include that little guide for your Rumanians in their next supply

Attachments
siberia.jpg
siberia.jpg (37.91 KiB) Viewed 209 times
"My centre is yielding. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Maréchal Foch, 1914.
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

@Neogodhobo: Thanks for posting the stats. Good luck during the winter!
tm.asp?m=4490035
tm.asp?m=4488465
MattFL

Post by MattFL »

6 million soviets...... EEK!
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Alright so winter really took a toll on me and you will notice it in the AAR. I will post a really bland post, mainly, you will notice the vague progress of the enemy and whatnot. There wont be much written. So I guess thats that. Overall though, the enemy is doing good progress, he is trying to pocket my troops in the South and probably cause even more chaos than it is already. He has definitly spot my weakest point and he is trying to take advantage of it. I am frantically trying to bring good troops down there to save as much as I can. My Pz.Gr are a mess, HQs and Divisions are so mixed up, I had to reorganize a lot of divisions to random HQs. It will be a lot of work to re-organize everything this coming summer. In my last turn, December is almost over ( its the last turn of December). So things should go a bit better from now on. I am able to rout enemy units in some parts of the front. I just attacked a 3 stack Soviet position in the North and was able to rout them ( Yippie [:D] ). Before winter, I concentrated a lot on smashing is cavalry divisions and I think I might have routed some ? (Im not sure as it was a while ago) but either way, I am not seeing a lot of Cav in action. Iv seen one or two divisions in the South. And maybe 1 in the Center. He his bringing forwards lots of Tank divisions and Mot. Div. wich wont go far. Historically, the winter was just as bad for the Soviets than for the Germans as we now learned with recent documents being made public on the soviet side ( or so says Glantz, and I believe him). So facing those tanks divisions is not something I am particularly afraid of. in my last turn ( turn 28) I have defeated one of his spearhead cav division, it was a division alone and I smash trough it with a Panzer Div and Mot.Div. I had brought forward in emergency ( as Im trying NOT to use any of my Pz.Div.

The Pz.Div. are trying to retreat by trains in cities in the rear but the need for me to bring reinforcement to the South, and my rail lines going there are long ( I have to go trough Warsaw almost ) is taking most of my rail points. Nonetheless, reinforcement arrives at a steady rate in the south and resistance is being made possible. Partisans are starting to appear in the North and are being really annoying but...what can I do..Oh yeah, KILL THEM ALL AND THEIR FAMILIES AND THEIR VILLAGES [:@] !! I will show them what it means to go against our regime. It was announced yesterday that every partisan attacks would result in 10 randomly chosen male age 16 to 45 to be hung by a tree. Hopefully this will let the population know not to anger us (Although, keep in mind, this is just for the sake of writing. My wife's Grandfather actually battled the Nazis in partisan groups in Hungary while taking care of his wife and child ( her father) so dont think for a second that I support Nazis or their ideologies, thanks) ( Historically, this is what the German thought, in reality, it did the contrary, more people went up in arms against the Nazi Regime as their brutal and cold occupation could be felt everywhere. Even the sectors in the North who were pro-German and who welcomed the Germans at first, eventually went to fear the Germans and to fight them.) Nonetheless, I hope you all enjoy the pictures that are coming ...

We will start with Frontline pictures to get an overall look. Iv left out the info bar so you can make up the turn yourselves but the whole thing goes from turn 19 to 28 in most place of the frontline

turn 19
turn23
turn 26
turn 28

What I think is cool from my armor being eliminated is that one of the Pz.Div is resupplying with Soviet equipment. Here I have an armor division filled with T-34s, BT-7s, BA-20s. I will use this Division to smash into something important, with the enemy's own weapon...niark niark niark.

BATTLE OF LENINGRAD and NORTHERN FRONT / TURN 23-28

Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

CENTRAL FRONT turn 19-27

Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

SOUTHERN FRONT and BATTLES 23-28

turn 28 kursk area

Various successful battles in the South on turn 28

Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Sorry again guys for this AAR to be a little bland.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

Sorry again guys for this AAR to be a little bland.

HuH? Far from bland in my opinion. Doing a terrific job and much better than I ever could do. Keep up the good work! :)
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Well Folks, there was another pocket in the South. A massive one. 11 infantry divisions and 1 Mot. along with 3 HQ. Im not sure Im going to recover from that.
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Worry not though. The German army might have failed more than what it historically achieve, true. We may have lost more men then they did. We may have done serious mistakes. But as long as we hold Berlin, there is hope. As long as our soldiers are out there in the field, willing to fight, there is hope. As long as our women and seniors are out there in the factories, building essential tools for the frontline, there is hope ! As long as our spirit, dedication, and OUR GODDAMN RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR LEBENSRAUM is alive, as long as THE FIRES OF OUR MIND, THE HEARTBEATS OF OUR INTERNALS, are lightning and beating. THERE SHALL BE HOPE !!

There is no way the German army will cower before Berlin is taken. That, is my word of honor !
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Northern Front turn 29-31

Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Central Front turn 29-30, forgot to take 31.

Return to “After Action Reports”