can not get 2560 x 1440 res

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
AP514

can not get 2560 x 1440 res

Post by AP514 »

I have an old 27" Crossover IPS monitor. The res is 2560 x 1440. But at the start screen this option is grayed out/will not let me pick it.

Now I had to use another computer to load the game from the CD straight to a USB to install on my new computer.(No CD in my new Rig)
So My question is how or what files do I need to go into to get the Res I want ?

Thanks in advance
AP514

Rasputitsa

RE: can not get 2560 x 1440 res

Post by Rasputitsa »

Maybe this discussion will help :

tm.asp?m=3986348
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

I am using a 26" touch screen with screen resolution at 1920x1080 and the game selected at the same 1920x1080 and the game, with mods, looks good at that resolution.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

AP514

Post by AP514 »

been there done that...no help
I have a 27" ips at 2560 x 1440 but options are grayed out for any thing above 1920 x 1080.

There has to be a ini file or something I can change to get my native Res...............

To Rasputitsa..sorry PM'd before I saw your reply
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

All that I can suggest is to set your display resolution to one of the on-screen display options which is not greyed out.

Not sure what the result will look like, but it might get the game working.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: AP514

I have an old 27" Crossover IPS monitor. The res is 2560 x 1440. But at the start screen this option is grayed out/will not let me pick it.

Now I had to use another computer to load the game from the CD straight to a USB to install on my new computer.(No CD in my new Rig)
So My question is how or what files do I need to go into to get the Res I want ?

Thanks in advance
AP514

maybe would have been easier to download the installer and update from the members area, and then sort out the res once the latest version had been installed, then installing as admin and running the game as admin should have let you selected the res once the game had loaded and installed and been run once, as then it makes the correct file, it can't save the res without first have the file, so it's cat and mouse, install and run without admin permissions doesn't always on loading make the file, so permissions to alter it, aren't there, so imo game always needs to be run once, and exited correctly so the file is made, before any alterations in windows 10, if that make any sense and helps,...

running the game once with the default res, not your's will make a file, which later can be manually altered, but as your res is supported, it's not needed, once run and file made, playing the game again a second time and running as admin after a run as admin install, will let you alter it, as it will or should now be not grey'ed out,...
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube Support”