MODDING questions

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
dhucul2011

MODDING questions

Post by dhucul2011 »

1. If I was to set Italian national morale at 75% in the editor to start the scenario will this also translate into reducing the starting morale of Italian units?

2. What does ALIGNMENT= do in SUPPLY scripts?

3. If was to change max research level of mobility to 2 will the AI actually research level 2 or does this have to be also modified in the appropriate IA RESEARCH scripts?

4. I never seem to get the message attached to the firing of stock MOBILIZATION 4 1005 Axis DOW on USSR. I don't think that this script is running? Should these scripts not be set to TYPE = 1?
BillRunacre

RE: MODDING questions

Post by BillRunacre »

1. Yes

2. This refers to which side owns the script, e.g. if set to 2 then it is an Allied script that penalizes Axis resources.

It was only introduced recently into War in Europe but was fully implemented in World at War where you'll be able to see plenty of examples of its use in those scripts. Setting them to zero shouldn't stop events from firing, as this just allows more fine tuning, i.e. to prevent any misadventures.

3. Potentially yes, just check that the RESEARCH scripts are set for the AI to invest sufficiently in this category, e.g. you may wish to bump up its investment chance somewhat.

4. This triggers a Strength script that reduces the unit morale of Red Army units throughout the USSR, when it fires it has the following text:

The Axis Attack Causes Shockwaves In The USSR

I know I've seen it before when testing, so hopefully it fires if you run a quick Hotseat test?
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
felixs

Post by felixs »

Regarding point 4: I also think that the Strength script reducing soviet unit morale does not fire (although the mobilization script DE 1005 does). I see the script as a default at the beginning of the 1941 game, but not the 1939 game, even if I just start of immediately declaring war on the USSR.

The Strength script "Axis Declaration Of War On The USSR" remains in the queue. So far I didn't have any luck getting it to fire. I also tried to create a new supply script that relates to DE 1005[1], which I also couldn't get to fire. Any advice?
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi felixs

In the 1939 and 1940 campaigns it will only fire if the Axis declare war on the USSR, so if the USSR mobilizes and declares war on the Axis, then it won't happen as they are making that decision themselves and are deemed not to be surprised/shocked by it.

It's different in the 1941 campaign because it starts with the Axis poised to invade, so it is set to automatically fire at the start of the turn.

Hopefully that explains the difference?

Bill

sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

4. This triggers a Strength script that reduces the unit morale of Red Army units ...
How does it trigger? I mean, I don't see a DE 1005 anywhere in the Decision Scripts.

I've never seen either of these fire and I always DoW the USSR.
felixs

Post by felixs »

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

Hi felixs

In the 1939 and 1940 campaigns it will only fire if the Axis declare war on the USSR, so if the USSR mobilizes and declares war on the Axis, then it won't happen as they are making that decision themselves and are deemed not to be surprised/shocked by it.

It's different in the 1941 campaign because it starts with the Axis poised to invade, so it is set to automatically fire at the start of the turn.

Hopefully that explains the difference?

Bill

Thank you for the reply Bill!
I fully understand the logic behind the sequence of events (and the differences between the starting situation in 1939 and 1941), but what I'm saying is that in the 1939 game even if the absolute first thing I do as the Axis is declare war on the USSR, then the script (DE 1005) contained in the mobilization_4.txt file fires (I can also see that it gets removed from the ingame view of scripts), but the moral reduction script (that is linked to DE 1005) contained in the strenght.txt file does not.
I tried to create a custom supply reduction event and link it to DE 1005 and that wouldn't work either.

Felix
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
4. This triggers a Strength script that reduces the unit morale of Red Army units ...
How does it trigger? I mean, I don't see a DE 1005 anywhere in the Decision Scripts.

I've never seen either of these fire and I always DoW the USSR.

It's in the Mobilization_4 scripts, as they can also act as Decision Events in terms of setting off other scripts.

Although from felixs and yours posts, it may be that there is an issue, I'll investigate to check it's working (or not).

sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

It's in the Mobilization_4 scripts, as they can also act as Decision Events in terms of setting off other scripts.
2+ years with SC and I haven't come across this, is it documented somewhere ? And what are they , M4 scripts only or are other scripts involved ?
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Yes, I think that is what I am seeing as well.

I added popup text to the MOB4 and the follow up strength script.

When I DOW USSR I see the MOB4 text but NOT the strength script text. I am thinking that the strength script is NOT running.

Is this possibly a problem for all MOB4 scripts? The follow up scripts are not running?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks everyone, I'm looking into this as I can see the issue on my end.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
2+ years with SC and I haven't come across this, is it documented somewhere ? And what are they , M4 scripts only or are other scripts involved ?
Ok, I answer it myself. Each M4 Script has its own DE #, as seen below.

{
#NAME= DE 1008 - Axis DoW on Romania
#POPUP= The Axis Attack On Romania Causes Consternation In Germany
#IMAGE=
#SOUND=
#FLAG= 1
#TYPE= 0
#AI= 0
#GV= 1[1,100]
#LINK= 0[0]
#LEVEL= 0
#COUNTRY_ID= 45
#TRIGGER= 100
#NM_UPDOWN= -3500
#NM_TURNS= 1
#DECISION= 1008
; Romania declared war on by Axis
#CONDITION= 93 [1] [1]
}
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

FOR HUBERT:

Yes, the follow up strength script to MOB4 Attack on USSR is definately NOT working. Just confirmed.

FOR BILL:

I previously asked "If I was to set Italian national morale at 75% in the editor to start the scenario will this also translate into reducing the starting morale of Italian units?" and you said "yes" but I have tested setting USSR at 80% national morale at start and it doesn't seem to affect the starting units. Units in cities start at 100% morale and at 120% morale in the capital.

Am I not understanding something?
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi David

A National Morale of 80% only has a very small impact on unit morale, but if set to less than 75% it will be more noticeable. The effect is still subtle at that point because otherwise a struggling country cannot hope to make a comeback.

A table showing the exact calculations can be found in the Manual on page 87 (97 of 216) in the pdf version, just search for The Importance of National Morale.

dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

Thanks Bill.

I think that once the follow up scripts to the MOB4 scripts are working then that will be sufficient to model the lower morale of USSR and Italian units.
felixs

Post by felixs »

Hi!

Any news on this front? I'm curious for the sake of perhaps getting a better insight into script functions alone.
Curial

Post by Curial »

What is the differences between the mod 653H and the mod 653Hi? Is one newer than the other?
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

653Hi is a version of the original 1939 Campaign with historical Orders of Battle and historical unit names. No other changes have been made except a few scripts where necessary in order to remain consistent.
tm.asp?m=4398001

653H can be ignored as it was replaced by 653N.
Curial

Post by Curial »

Thank's !

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”