terminator

RE: Kutno

Post by terminator »

Kutno(1.05)

Changes in Kutno(1.05):
- Length of the game extended to allow a brilliant victory
- Addition of a Polish unit
- Improvement text presentation

It was impossible to have a "Brilliant" Victory in the precedent version 1.04 because of this with the game upgrade to version 1.08:• AI equips support units before the first human turn

I corrected the conditions of victory, the scenario is improved.
I have tested Kutno(1.05) 4 X (Difficulty Very Hard):
- Brilliant Victory 2X
- Normal Victory 1 X
- Tactical Victory 1 X

PS : I need more Polish units (artillery...) to make other scenarios for Fall Weiss...
Attachments
Kutno1.05.zip
(107.7 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi terminator
ORIGINAL: terminator

Kutno(1.05)

Changes in Kutno(1.05):
- Length of the game extended to allow a brilliant victory
- Addition of a Polish unit
- Improvement text presentation

It was impossible to have a "Brilliant" Victory in the precedent version 1.04 because of this with the game upgrade to version 1.08:• AI equips support units before the first human turn

I corrected the conditions of victory, the scenario is improved.
I have tested Kutno(1.05) 4 X (Difficulty Very Hard):
- Brilliant Victory 2X
- Normal Victory 1 X
- Tactical Victory 1 X

Thanks for the update, will check it out and report back.

PS : I need more Polish units (artillery...) to make other scenarios for Fall Weiss...

It wasn't planned for this update but Poland really is close to have a complete core armament and artillery is the queen of the battle field. So a quick research brought up the 75 mm wz. 1897 field gun which seems to have been the most common one in 1939. If you agree i note that gun down in my todo list.
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

A quick look at the 1939 Polish OOB on site www.niehorster.org also brings up 105, 120 and 155 mm pieces. Maybe all of them are not needed but, assuming that Germany will use 105 howitzers with range of 2 hexes and 150 mm howitzers and 210 mm mortars with range of 3 hexes in Fall Weiss campaign, Poland would benefit from a gun with range of 2 - that could be the 75 mm gun - and a heavier piece with range of 3, whatever that may be. In that case Germany does not have advantage in artillery and must engage in artillery duels.
The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
terminator

Post by terminator »

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

It wasn't planned for this update but Poland really is close to have a complete core armament and artillery is the queen of the battle field. So a quick research brought up the 75 mm wz. 1897 field gun which seems to have been the most common one in 1939. If you agree i note that gun down in my todo list.
Yes, it seems that the 75 mm wz. 1897 field gun was the most common field gun in 1939.

Maybe, you could also add Polish Bunker garrison ?
terminator

Post by terminator »

ORIGINAL: AngrySwan

Hi Ronald,

A quick look at the 1939 Polish OOB on site www.niehorster.org also brings up 105, 120 and 155 mm pieces. Maybe all of them are not needed but, assuming that Germany will use 105 howitzers with range of 2 hexes and 150 mm howitzers and 210 mm mortars with range of 3 hexes in Fall Weiss campaign, Poland would benefit from a gun with range of 2 - that could be the 75 mm gun - and a heavier piece with range of 3, whatever that may be. In that case Germany does not have advantage in artillery and must engage in artillery duels.
It is always interesting in a wargame to have a short range artillery for a close support and a long range artillery for a bombardment.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

ok, so i plan to add

- 75 mm wz. 1897 field gun
- bunker garrison
- new hidden ground equipment A
- new hidden ground equipment B

for the Polish Army in 1.09. As to the other equipment there is already a list of unfinished new stuff and a campaign that needs finishing. So i am not neccessarily against more stuff for any given participant in the war, but rather concerned with getting a new version out some day [:D]

1.09 was originally scheduled for last December. [:(]

Maybe i find a fast way to get the other artillery pieces from what i aready have.

I could finish Kutno on "Very Hard" in the 1.05 vaiant btw. and it will be replacing 1.04 in the next update.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi termintaor,

are there any other urgent units that are missing and thus hindering Fall Weiss maps ?

Cavalry and aircraft comes to mind - if you get a fighter and a bomber in addition to all the mentioned stuff, you could ambush Poland, yes ?
terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi termintaor,

are there any other urgent units that are missing and thus hindering Fall Weiss maps ?

Cavalry and aircraft comes to mind - if you get a fighter and a bomber in addition to all the mentioned stuff, you could ambush Poland, yes ?
We already have cavalry but actually no aviation (fighter and bomber).

The Polish 7TP tank has not the good model (the same model as the soviet T-60):

Attachments
7TP.jpg
7TP.jpg (99.33 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi terminator,

the "real" 7TP is already on the list, it was mentioned somewhere in the forum before and i noted it.

So for the fighter i would go for the PZL P.11 and for bomber i would add the PZL.23 Karaś.

terminator

Post by terminator »

Some time ago I had started to create the Battle of Mława and Ciechanow (Mlawa at the center of the screenshot) but I had stopped because I was missing too many Polish units. Instead I used Hungarian artillery and Russian engineers.

Attachments
Battleof..iechanow.jpg
Battleof..iechanow.jpg (997.9 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi terminator,

looks nice - is this your way to tell me i should add Polish sapper units ? [;)]

terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi terminator,

looks nice - is this your way to tell me i should add Polish sapper units ? [;)]

Hi Ronald,

This is a suggestion, this scenario is a faithful conversion of an Operation Panzer 2 scenario. In this scenario "Ciechanow", there are some Polish engineering units.
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi terminator,

A conversion of the second Panzer General II scenario?

If some Polish units are missing, they can be replaced by units of another nation - later when the right units are created you can put them in place. A half done scenari is better than no scenario at all.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Hi terminator,

A conversion of the second Panzer General II scenario?

If some Polish units are missing, they can be replaced by units of another nation - later when the right units are created you can put them in place. A half done scenari is better than no scenario at all.
Hi AngrySwan,

Yes, it is a conversion of the second Panzer General II scenario.

When I started this scenario, I didn’t know if there would be new Polish units with patch 1.09 so I put this project on hold.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

if we coordinate better, we can get more into GaW i think. If i know what maps/campaigns you work on or like to work on, i can add stuff that suits these directions. Of course it has to be doable but that can be checked quite quickly.

So if there is anything like this Ciechanow map (which i am looking forward to) and you need units, lets discuss it.

I guess if 1.09 is taking much longer but in return delivers even some Western Front maps or other content, that should be fine.

But as i also work on other projects, this might mean quite some delay. So what do you think ?
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

The Bryansk scenario has reached test phase and there could be some changes in Kharkov, or maybe the player needs some guidance in the briefing - the Soviets are quite nasty there. After that, there is Tula and I have also tested Murmansk scenario with a smaller map.
The official history of the Eastern Campaign is on the hold and will be made with v.1.09.

If there is a map covering Lodz area and another one with East Prussia I may also do something with Fall Weiss but on operational scale. What the Polish need is engineer units (construction and combat engineers), artillery (if they only have one piece then Germany could use only 105 mm guns, so at least one piece for Poland but not more than two, one light and one heavy), a fighter and a bomber. And maybe an AA gun if they do not have one yet.

It all depends on when you planned to release 1.09 this year (at least an estimate) and how long the delay for the new content may be.
terminator

Post by terminator »

List of Polish units in the Panzer General II scenario Ciechanow :

- Regular (infantry)
- Engineer
- Cavalry
- TKS (tank)
- 75mm (artillery)
- 105mm (artillery)
- P.23B (tactical bomber)
terminator

Post by terminator »

If there is a map covering Lodz area and another one with East Prussia I may also do something with Fall Weiss but on operational scale. What the Polish need is engineer units (construction and combat engineers), artillery (if they only have one piece then Germany could use only 105 mm guns, so at least one piece for Poland but not more than two, one light and one heavy), a fighter and a bomber. And maybe an AA gun if they do not have one yet.
Hi AngrySawn,

For me Combat Engineers is more important than Construction Engineers but both are usefull.

We already have a Polish AA gun in 1.08 :

Attachments
Poland1.08.jpg
Poland1.08.jpg (19.16 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

actually i meant this a bit different - i already want to get the Polish units in 1.09 and i wondered if there are any other maps you started or have planned for which you could use other units missing atm.

E.g. Fall Gelb as we are piling up French made equipment which was sold to many nations at the time. Or other things i have not on the radar like a new nation. I feel we are close to have all that it takes to cover the campaigns and battles in Europe before Barbarossa.

As i consider you two as part of the dev team due to your contributions, you could also have versions to prepare your stuff before we release 1.09.

We are in no real hurry as GaW is a relic. So we can synchronize our efforts any way we want.

You want Greece for the Balkans campaign ? You need a certain French aircraft for the Battle of France ? Etc.

As for the delay it depends on the final list that is gathering, but as i mentioned you can always get Early Access to create your stuff.
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi Ronald,

A few small requests for 1.09
- the same icon for PzKpfw IVH and PzKpfw IVJ, with extra armor on the turret. The icon already exists so it should be simple. The version without turret armor would remain for PzKpfw IVF2 and G.
- if you could make a flag for the Spanish nation, then the Blue Division could have its own flag. Maybe you need to make one unit for Spain, Infantry with the same data as German Regular 39. The Spanish Legion is a core unit in Tikhvin scenario of the 1941 campaign, currently fighting under the German flag.
- since the Romanians already have R35 in dark grey, maybe Germany could also have this tank? It would be a no-purchase unit like the Elite and no upgrades. It could be added to some scenarios, maybe no division or regiment formation, a battalion would be enough. I could use a battalion of German R35 in Murmansk mini-campaign. Its German name was Pz 731(f).

Second test of the Bryansk scenario has been done, 2nd Panzer Group destroyed 12 Soviet divisions of 17, the others escaped to East - quite close to history. Now I just have to add texts and victory conditions and see how the tank battle of Mzensk works. After that there is time for Tula.

I have tested a smaller map for Murmansk and it works so there will be a Murmansk mini-campaign (Op Renntier, Border Crossing, Battle of Litsa) but not before I finish the Operation Typhoon for 1941. If nothing unexpected happens in real life, 1941 could be done by middle of April/end of Easter and Murmansk could be released in May. So if you have Easrly Access ready by spring or summer, I could finish the official history of the Eastern campaign.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”