JTS 4 More Panzer Campaigns Gold Versions Released

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rommel222

JTS 4 More Panzer Campaigns Gold Versions Released

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,

From Wargames Design Studio:
https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/201 ... igns-gold/

Following on from the Gold Updates for Normandy ’44, Bulge ’44 and France ’40 Gold, we have now completed the remainder of the Western Front titles.

We’re happy to release Market-Garden ’44 Gold, Sealion ’40 Gold, Sicily ’43 Gold and Salerno ’43 Gold.

Market-Garden ’44 Gold covers the ill-fated Allied airborne assault in September 1944 to force the Rhine River. Sealion ’40 Gold is the hypothetical invasion of Britain in the summer of 1940. It uses the historical German plans to create as plausible a campaign as possible. Sicily ’43 Gold is the invasion of that island as a prelude to the invasion of Italy. Salerno ’43 Gold includes three operations; the German airborne invasion of Crete in 1941 and the Allied invasions of Southern Italy in 1943 at Salerno followed by Anzio.

All come with the standard upgrades we have done for the Gold series;

The game code will now be standardized on the JTS codebase. There will be no further support for the HPS versions

All new and expanded game maps

All new 2D & 3D map graphics

All new unit graphics and counters on map

All new unit cards

All new in game sounds; weapon, explosion, background and miscellaneous

All released Volcano Man scenarios

New ‘modern’ toolbar icons

Code update – disruption no longer halves movement during the day and is reduced by one third at night.

Code update – reinforcement ‘place all’ has been migrated across from the First World War Campaign series.

New national rules covering fatigue and surrender.

In addition to the above, Market-Garden ’44 Gold includes an expanded campaign game by Rev Rico. Salerno ’43 Gold has a brand-new Operation Shingle scenario (Anzio operation) by César ‘Indragnir’ Librán Moreno. César has previously added new scenarios in Kharkov ’42 Gold and Korsun ’44 Gold. I don’t expect that to be the last new scenario we see from him!
tdavie

RE: JTS 4 More Panzer Campaigns Gold Versions Released

Post by tdavie »

YUp, ordered Sealion last night. It’s good to be retired, even if it is/was for medical reasons.

For some reason I am really loving the Tiller products; own 10 of them. Favourite is Seven Years War.

Hhhmm, might have to pick up Sealion today....

Tom
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Nice see they update more titles sad see that Sea Lion not receive an improvement like France40, to be the only totally what if title in PzC lacks a little imagination, for example in DC series you have lend lease and some foreign soldiers.
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

I was disappointed that the new graphics looks so blocky (1920*1200) and dated. Also can't display location names on the map at all times during play, which is annoying.
budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: rocketman71

I was disappointed that the new graphics looks so blocky (1920*1200) and dated. Also can't display location names on the map at all times during play, which is annoying.

Last time I played you could display location names at all times, hitting shift + crtl i think is the combo or shift + alt, not sure.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Mysterian

Post by Mysterian »

Shift+Alt will keep the names displayed.
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

Shift+Alt did the trick - great thanks. I used the "Locations" under "View" tab and that only opens a dialogue box. In the Panzer Battles Normandy it works like the shift+alt here. Also found that Jison already has map mod for Salerno and Sicily out :)
http://mapmod.se/download.htm
Still a bit blocky but much better - thanks Jison for prompt delivery [&o]

Return to “General Discussion”