IJN TRACOM help please

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

specie1

IJN TRACOM help please

Post by specie1 »

It is April 1, 1942 and I have 146 pilots in TRACOM. I was hoping i might see some kind of message about my pilots getting better or something. Is this thing on? How does it work? I'm so confused.
geofflambert

RE: IJN TRACOM help please

Post by geofflambert »

My understanding is 10 pilots in each service are optimal. Not that it hurts too much to save the other 136 for later, when you have better planes.

specie1

Post by specie1 »

Hi Geoff, thank you for your quick reply. I must not have been paying attention. I didn't know that was all you needed. I thought, like a lot of things, the more the better.
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

There are definitely die rolls involved. If your TRACOM pilots accelerate pilot training, it happens at the beginning of the month.
Created by the amazing Dixie
specie1

Post by specie1 »

Hi Mike, Thanks. That is more encouraging. It was quite difficult getting 146 into Tracom in only 3 1/2 months. hope it helps
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

My understanding is 10 pilots in each service are optimal. Not that it hurts too much to save the other 136 for later, when you have better planes.

More is better, IIRC. Every increment of 10 does stuff...

The message would be in the Ops Report. Press O (as in "oh").
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Yeah, the gains seem to be far and few for whatever reason. Its still a good place to keep some expert pilots for when you get better aircraft. Seems to me that something got changed in an update, whether it was intended or not I can't say. I do recall pilots advancing more frequently in past games, and no it wasn't just a die roll thing. I mean it happened every month. Which may have been too frequent I admit.

One other thing I can say is that it has been reported that the pilot experience of those in the replacement pool has increased with large commitments of pilots in the TRACOM. Much larger than you've reported. I mean in the 300 range. As far as I know this is not WAD. I've kept my current TRACOM levels intentionally low to date. In a few months of game time I intend to dump all into the TRACOM and see what happens. I'll report back when I can say for sure.

If this is the case I don't know what we can do as there's no longer any support in that department.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

OOps above - RustyI got in just as I was typing hit ok...

Curious ...

TRACOM does not improve exp - but accelerates graduates and 'potentially helps' maintain the National Average up depending on losses ...

However - for JFBs ...

I was under the impression that hiding / stocking 50% or so of the December 41 KB in TRACOM is a highly valued tool.

Allows you to train up new IJN pilots in the easier early days - and 'stock pile' great pilot assets for end of war when the new "supersonic jets - PDU ON" come onto the scene ?

[8D]
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here is some data from my current game. Notice only some IJN advance registered this month. You can see there appears to be a wave of increased numbers of recruits in training coming. I don't know what that's about, HI maybe? They will be welcome as I have a lot of additional training slots open, unfilled, especially IJN.

Attachments
TRAINING.jpg
TRAINING.jpg (149.19 KiB) Viewed 90 times

Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

Alfred post #6
fb.asp?m=3961336

Alfred post #12
fb.asp?m=3683273

“It is not uncommon to find pilot accelerations cease for a few months either completely or occur at a much reduced rate.  When this happens one sees a bulge in the pipeline followed by an anemic pipeline.  It is not always a benefit to have received pilot accelerations.” - Alfred

"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

You can see there appears to be a wave of increased numbers of recruits in training coming. I don't know what that's about, HI maybe?

Beginning in Jan. '43, Japan gets more raw recruits in her training cycles each month. That's why you see the increase.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

jdsrae

Post by jdsrae »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
You can see there appears to be a wave of increased numbers of recruits in training coming. I don't know what that's about, HI maybe?

Beginning in Jan. '43, Japan gets more raw recruits in her training cycles each month. That's why you see the increase.

I did not know that. Another thing to factor into my HI demand forecast
Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Indeed.

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I was under the impression that hiding / stocking 50% or so of the December 41 KB in TRACOM is a highly valued tool.

Not so sure. To me this is a mixed bag. Myself I'd rather keep my best pilots on the CV's, especially early in the game. They have their greatest impact at this time.

Maybe after the initial expansion when the tempo of CV ops is reduced. JMHO.[:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”