Learning this game

Ageod’s Wars of Succession is a new game designed to cover two major wars that consumed Europe at the eve of the 18th Century.
RogerJNeilson

Learning this game

Post by RogerJNeilson »

I don't mean the mechanics as I have some other AGEOD ones so I know most of the controls. I mean learning what to do. I open the Italian Campaign, I select Grand Alliance and I get Eugene to move around with his army, I wallop the initial enemy force and keep bashing it up and it keeps just jumping to another location and slipping past me so I have to chase it again and then there are all manner of small forces appearing all over the place to annoy and disrupt.....

I badly need an AAR to look at to get a grip on what I am supposed to be trying to do..... but looking here and on the Slitherine forum the game seems dead in the water. Is anyone doing anything with it?

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
RogerJNeilson

RE: Learning this game

Post by RogerJNeilson »

This forum feels like a long deserted old building, a large space with echoing nothingness.

Hmmmm

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
mmccot

Post by mmccot »

I know what you mean about empty, I was waiting for a reply too.
There is a AGEOD forum, if you can sign in.
Forget about that Italian campaign and go with the Swedish
War to start then the Succession War.
The Idea is to capture and hold strategic locations.

By the way do know anything about Scripts, the last page on the
options menu?

Have fun.

Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

I have the same problem with some AGEOD games. I know HOW to do stuff. WHAT to do is often more difficult.
A Sharif
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Thank you, its is slightly more used... no I have no idea about scripts sorry.

Perhaps I should have checked the forums first to see if the game was actually being played by anyone before buying it......

Roger[&:]
Marcusgbg

Post by Marcusgbg »

Split your army and try to create a front. The theatre is so small that it is enough to have two or three other stacks. Once you have military control over an area you can advance, as the opponent can not retreat into such an area.

You will not be able to gain military control over the duchies to the south, but it is enough to have a corps there, and a defeated stack will choose another area to retreat to: usually closer and closer to Torino.
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Thank you very much indeed, that is so helpful.

Roger
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Thank you, exactly the sort of information I needed.

Roger
Searry

Post by Searry »

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=397&t=52933
My strategy guide for the Grand Alliance. It goes over some basic stuff.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Thank you I had seen that on the AGEOD forum

Return to “Wars of Succession”