Engineers

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
76mm

RE: Engineers

Post by 76mm »

Is the chance of repairing a bridge tied to turn length at all? The chances of repairing a bridge during a one-hour turn should be less than during a full week turn, in fact there should probably be some minimum duration.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: 76mm

Is the chance of repairing a bridge tied to turn length at all? The chances of repairing a bridge during a one-hour turn should be less than during a full week turn, in fact there should probably be some minimum duration.
That's controlled by the scenario designer. Both by how many engineer squads he provides and by the engineering rate parameter.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

TOAW fails in many aspects when it comes to engineering and bridges. Not every bridge is the same. A bridge across a small river is not the same as a bridge across a huge river. Yet the game sees them both as the same thing.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
gliz2

Post by gliz2 »

Can the bridges be build in TAOW (so not rebuilt)?
I'm playing FITE2 and in some place that ze Germans did built them I'd love to do it as well.
Plans are worthless, but planning is essential.
cathar1244

Post by cathar1244 »

Bridges cannot be built as new structures. They can only be destroyed or repaired.

Cheers
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: gliz2

Can the bridges be build in TAOW (so not rebuilt)?
I'm playing FITE2 and in some place that ze Germans did built them I'd love to do it as well.
You can leave a bridging unit in the hex as long as you want.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
joey

Post by joey »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

ORIGINAL: 76mm

That's controlled by the scenario designer. Both by how many engineer squads he provides and by the engineering rate parameter.

I see in the editor that engineers can be set for 1 to 999 with 100 being the typical setting. What does this mean? Does it mean the anything greater than 100 makes them more efficient and anything less than 100 makes them less efficient? Or do I have it backwards? Or am I way off?
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: joey

I see in the editor that engineers can be set for 1 to 999 with 100 being the typical setting. What does this mean? Does it mean the anything greater than 100 makes them more efficient and anything less than 100 makes them less efficient? Or do I have it backwards? Or am I way off?

8.5.2 in the manual.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
joey

Post by joey »

Thanks. That is what I have been looking for.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Also check out some of the tutorials I created; there's one that
is dedicated to engineers, rail repair and field fortifications.

Tutorial '41: tm.asp?m=4382552
Tutorial '42: tm.asp?m=4387818
Tutorial '42 - Editor: tm.asp?m=4401098
Tutorial '43: tm.asp?m=4390285
Tutorial '43 - Combat: tm.asp?m=4394374
Tutorial '44: tm.asp?m=4397183
Tutorial '45: tm.asp?m=4412329

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”