The dunce (ST) vs the diligent (Dinglr) - all welcome

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

SparkleyTits

The dunce (ST) vs the diligent (Dinglr) - all welcome

Post by SparkleyTits »

Week 1 report

My plan is to ultimately make Dinglr work for his every meal, be as stubborn and annoying as I absolutely can be and to brawl whenever the situation allows, heck I'll even go on the offensive if I see the chance however unlikely that is.
All of this is of course aslong as I don't break my own back in doing so.
I do fully expect Dinglr to be an opponent who has adds in a lot of time and throughput to his own moves and so he may not give me much oversight to work with and I may struggle with this tactic.

With that in line I will treat my forces more like Stalin did, by throwing men at perceived problems and throwing some more into places I see perceived advantages
There will be mistakes because of this and I fully expect to lose many, many more divisions than is usually seen as nessecary but I enjoy playing this way so logic be damned

If any lonely wives, mothers, daughters imply that because of my coldheartedness that they no longer have their loved ones then it's a one way trip to the gulag, where I am sure they can put that passion and energy to a much more productive means

The motherland shall endure

I'll also be matching this AAR along with Dinglrs so that we have no weird time travelling going on inbetween reading both AAR's
SparkleyTits

RE: The dunce (ST) vs the diligent (Dinglr) - all welcome

Post by SparkleyTits »

AGN
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Dinglr unfortunately catches a lot of units in AGN with a mere division escaping

I isolate 2 panzers at Riga and open the pocket with daisy chains and throw in a bit chaff to buy me some time and threaten his supply lines if he lunges too deeply
I did also have the opportunity to stop the supply of the divisions over the Dvina but didn't see the point of throwing divisions away with his fuel stocks

With this hopeful time, focusing on resealing and the odd knat bites I put in the way I forgo being completely secure and go for a very skimpy Pskov it is hopefully enough to get a good fort line going in time if I see a concerted effort for the area but I don't want to overcommit straight away if this theatre is not as prioritised

Dinglr can get around this entire defence at the Porkhov area if he chooses but I am hoping his turn 2 position in the area will help him decide the more "correct" decision of playing it safe

SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

AGC
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

All pockets are airtight here so no temporary relief for anybody except dropping some supplies into Brest litovsk
They should of fought harder the cowards........

Beyond that not much to report here as AGC gets all of the weakest of allocations and gets absolutely no railcap for ensuring the safety of it's divisions so I just use the chaff in the area to make whatever paltry defence I can to stall Dinglr

Dinglr could eat some divisions here if he goes aggresive
The men will have to fight hard for their lives if that is what happens as I was not willing to use any of my precious resources on men as weak of heart and mind as these ones
We can call it the tough love of an attentive father, if they survive they will be all the better for it

I do send some airborne and other cheap rail cap units to stop an easy route to Velkie

SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

AGS
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I manage to open Lvov but unfortunately Kovel was 1mp off, darn weaklings can't even walk themselves to safety......

Because of lvov being opened and my fort lines being up and running I decide to get stuck straight in to get a taste for how Dinglr fights
I'm very anxious as doing this on turn 1 is stupid but hey ho
I tried not to commit too many forces into the brawl and losing out on other theatres needlessly, below this picture there is barely anything else defending AGS, perhaps 6 total divisions

Everything else was sent swiftly on the rails around Mogilev, Vitebsk, Velkie etc to be diverted north or centre on turn 2 as needed
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Misc reports
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I noticed that Dinglrs airframes were not flying interceptions so decide to be a ruthless scalliwag and run my bomber arm to the bone knocking out almost 100 Axis airframes on turn 1

18 divisions of 50+ morale are unsalvalable and a lot of their revivals may never get to the same level before winter, they will be forever mourned

All in all turn 1 was a bit of a mixed bag but I am fairly happy with the situation and hopeful for turn 2
richter53

Post by richter53 »

Let's play a game.
Richter
xhoel

Post by xhoel »

Nice to see you are doing a AAR ST! Would just recommend to keep the text and the pics in the same post since it's easier to follow the course of events. Good luck!
AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Thanks Xhoel
Yeah you're definitely right now you mention it I'll start that from next turn, appreciate the heads up!

I appreciate the offer Ritcher but unfortunately don't have the time to play anymore games atm, I hope you find yourself a game soon!
AFV

Post by AFV »

Looking forward to seeing this from both sides. Good luck to both of you.

Nice that you were able to isolate the two panzer divisions by Riga. Every little bit helps for the Soviet on T1.

You left an airbase alone just NE of Tarnopol? I guess no planes are in it.
56ajax

Post by 56ajax »

About time comrade [8D]
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Thanks guys

Yes the HQ's & airfields that are in dangerous situations are both empty and attempting to escape from Dinglrs pockets
VigaBrand

Post by VigaBrand »

normal winter and +1? I don't see which settings you used (only the modifier, logistic, ...)

SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Ah apologies bud my head has a tendency to bypass relaying the small details more often than I would like to admit [:D]

We're playing with no bonuses and full blizzard as we thought that would be best mix with the tweaks!
Dinglir

Post by Dinglir »

I am not sure I relish the though of playing against a dunce.

If I lose, what will that make me?
To be is to do -- Socrates
To do is to be -- Jean-Paul Sartre
Do be do be do -- Frank Sinatra
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

Well we have it on good authority that your war will win by christmas so I am sure it'll not be an issue!
bigbaba1111

Post by bigbaba1111 »

holy moly. this aircraft loses in turn one are impressive. dealing with stef in my game and his red air force is annoying as hell.:) as soon as my guys get their heads out of the trenches to take a piss, there are pesky sturmoviks and i-15 there.:) also, good decision to play without soviet boni. +1 is hell for axis player, because pocket walls are broken easily.

Return to “After Action Reports”