help with chemkid maps

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Phoenix100

help with chemkid maps

Post by Phoenix100 »

I have the chemkid maps to install. Is there any harm in installing the extended map for everything, or do I need the stock ordinary map for some scenarios? Thanks.
Yaab

RE: help with chemkid maps

Post by Yaab »

Make two installs of WITP:AE game on your computer.

First install will use the stock map. Use this game install to play all scenarios that use the stock map.

Second install will use the extended map. Overwrite the stok map files in the games' ART folder with the extended map files. Use this game install to play all scenarios that use the extended map.

Thus, you will not get the pwhexe errors which happen when you only use one game install and mix the maps/scenarios in it.

Hope it helps.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Ok. Thanks, Yaab. How do I know which scenarios take the stock and which take the extended? Is that marked somewhere?
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Chemkids map (at least the one I have) is a graphics patch not touching pwhex data. You can use it in any setting.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: Phoenix100

Ok. Thanks, Yaab. How do I know which scenarios take the stock and which take the extended? Is that marked somewhere?

Go to this thread

tm.asp?m=3088504

The scenarios there should include scenario descriptions with info about the maps they use.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”