GD1938v3 ACQ

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

ArmouredLion

RE: GD1938v3 ACQ

Post by ArmouredLion »

June 1939

Poland has fallen and by the end of July, all resistance will be crushed. Heavy losses on both sides were racked up in Romania as the Soviet and German armies battle back and forth across the river outside of Christinau. German managed to inflict heavy losses on Soviet forces as they begin to mount their offensive into the Soviet Union. The construction of an airbase and the assembling of forces has July as the launch date.

In France, more cities have fallen and French soldiers and equipment destroyed. But Britsh and French forces are massing along the coast. It will be no easy task to kick both armies from the continent.

Attachments
german1.jpg
german1.jpg (296.94 KiB) Viewed 628 times
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

June 1939

Japanese armies managed to take a Soviet airfield and are close to seizing their second Russian city. They are also poised to take another supply center from China. Desperate for oil, this will be a big win if Japan can increase their fuel supplies.

Attachments
japan1.jpg
japan1.jpg (112.24 KiB) Viewed 628 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

26 June 1939

There are some Soviet troops in the area. They will fight furiously for the Motherland.

Attachments
ACQ_T20_Chita.jpg
ACQ_T20_Chita.jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 628 times
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

26 June 1939

The butcher's bill for June.

Attachments
ACQ_T20_Bill.jpg
ACQ_T20_Bill.jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 628 times
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Aug 1939

Japan took its first defeat against the Soviets. The losses were steep and it took everything to stabilize the lines. A hastily crafted fortification line along the main road is expected to be the anchor point for a new advance... at some point. The next few months will be touch and go. Japan's attempt at an all-out push will not be attempted again.

Germany saw little action on the Western Front. But on the Eastern Front, Germany made gains and even though they suffered sizable losses they inflicted damage out of all proportions of what they received. German generals boasted about the month... although some more conservative generals believe that this is just a drop in the bucket and that the line will be restocked shortly.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

21 August 1939

The "hasty" fortification was hastily destroyed. The Soviets expect the Japanese to move west out of Siberia soon. This will place them just to the east of the Chita position, with the Japanese also to the south.

The attack on the German East Front was indeed horrendous. 830 infantry formations were lost, and a lot of the other arms also. Stavka is hoping for mud to come early!

Here is the current front line :

Attachments
ACQ_T22_Bulge.jpg
ACQ_T22_Bulge.jpg (231.65 KiB) Viewed 628 times
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Sept. 1939

Germany has had another excellent month of gains and victories. Both fronts have expanded and the Soviet city of Kiev was taken. German generals have been slowed by heavy fortifications in northern Russia and the lack of progress has Hitler concerned. Still, with whole armies evaporating in the South, spirits are high that even greater victories are around the corner.

Both Italy and Germany saw large sea battles with both Axis fleets prevailing.

Japan has retreated in the north, driven back by Soviet air power.

Attachments
sept39.jpg
sept39.jpg (290.75 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

It seems the allies might make a big effort to avoid the Soviet collapse. How is their strenght in Wet Front? The Char-B1´s should be working? Also the British could achieve air superiority in the western front with their Spitifires if the Lufwaffe is split.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Japan seems to be using naval aircraft in land battles? Not a good idea. They should build more Ki-30´s and Ki-21´s. The Ki-43I is also missing, I wonder if the Reds got some Yak-1 at least?
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Bombur

It seems the allies might make a big effort to avoid the Soviet collapse. How is their strenght in Wet Front? The Char-B1´s should be working? Also the British could achieve air superiority in the western front with their Spitifires if the Lufwaffe is split.

Bombur, according to this AAR (previous page) France has fallen. So no Front in the West. No Char-B1's.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

October 1939

France has all but fallen with the taking of Brest. In the West, Soviet losses were very high, although not as high as previous months. The Russian city of Poltava was taken as was Sevastopol. The oil fields in the south and the Mines near Kharkov are within sight. German High Command has drafted up two full armies to help with the push.

Japan held its lines and saw little action. Italy saw a very successful sea battle for the second straight month sinking the entire French navy over the course of those same months.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I stand corrected, France has Almost fallen.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

You were right, sir. It was a mere technicality... wasn't countering you, just sounded right as I was writing. I promise to make it fully fallen soon enough.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Hi guys,

I am going to withdraw from this game, and all multi-player gaming. I think the Soviets could be fun as the big Soviet armor arrives soon. I would give the password to someone who wants it.

Chuck
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

No worries, we'll scrap it... how are you doing!!!!!!!????????
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Pretty good, thanks to a tough guy who said he'ed kick my butt if I did not get to the doctor

:)
ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I had no choice... I had to keep my teacher around to learn the last bit of his secrets :) Take it easy, sir. Thanks for the fun and lessons in this game.

Return to “After Action Reports”