"Engaged offensive" bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Kobu

"Engaged offensive" bug

Post by Kobu »

Hi
In 998.18 this still is bug.
From my tests when you launch any weapon with F1 (Engage target auto) the plane goes to "Engaged offensive" and ignore any command (unnasign) except RTB order. On the other hand if you launch any weapon in manual mode (CTRL + F1) there is not problem. This behavior is with AA and AG weapons.

Regards
Attachments
engagedoffensive.zip
(7.96 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Dimitris

RE: "Engaged offensive" bug

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks for the heads up; we'll take a look.
doabliptnk

Post by doabliptnk »

I load your scen file -> click on the F-16I -> open the Doctrine, EMCON, WRA window (Ctrl + F9) -> I see "Ignore plotted course when attacking: Yes"

This value should be "No" to get the behavior you want.

@Dimitris: I checked a couple of scenarios and I think the "Engaged Offensive" bug is fixed on my end.
templar42

Post by templar42 »

I believe the bug is fixed too but there is one thing users should note. I started the King of the Border scenario yesterday and set my side doctrine to not ignore plotted course. Then I found that F-22s ignored the plotted course. A look at the individual unit doctrine found it to be set to "yes". Therefore, I think you can solve this by making sure that you've clicked 'reset affected units'. This appeared to work for me.
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

It doesnt matter. When you let an airplane attack by itself that goes to "engaged offensive" and can not be controlled again. If you press U (unassign") the plane returns to "engaged offensive", only pressing B (RTB) the plane forget all and goes to RTB.

Regards
templar42

Post by templar42 »

ORIGINAL: Kobu

It doesnt matter. When you let an airplane attack by itself that goes to "engaged offensive" and can not be controlled again. If you press U (unassign") the plane returns to "engaged offensive", only pressing B (RTB) the plane forget all and goes to RTB.

Regards

But once it went to "engaged offensive", did you manually reset doctrine for that unit and then change its course?
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

With "ignored plotted course" set to yes the airplane forgot his plotted course and choose the best course for attack but if you want to control manually this plane (without having to change "ignored plotted course" to no) you would press U (unassign) and the plane would go back to my control but this does not happen.

I dont think that for the planes come back to my control again i must change doctrine ("ignored plotted course" to no), i think that the "unassign" (U) order is for that.

Regards

Kobu

Post by Kobu »

But once it went to "engaged offensive", did you manually reset doctrine for that unit and then change its course?

Yeah if i reset doctrine (ignored plotted course to no) the plane come back to my control but like i said i dont think that you have to do that. Press unassign would be better for only that particular moment. I cant remember how this work before but i bet it was like i say.

Regards
doabliptnk

Post by doabliptnk »

ORIGINAL: Kobu

Yeah if i reset doctrine (ignored plotted course to no) the plane come back to my control but like i said i dont think that you have to do that. Press unassign would be better for only that particular moment. I cant remember how this work before but i bet it was like i say.

Regards

Everything is normal. I think you should carefully check your Doctrine for side, mission and unit. I edited your file to get the behavior you wanted and didn't need to click on "reset affected units".
Here are the steps:
-I check your side's Doctrine. Set the "ignored plotted course" to no.
-Setup a strike mission. Set "ignored plotted course" to yes and assign the aircraft to the mission.
-Check the unit's Doctrine. Set "ignored plotted course" to inherit.

During the strike mission. You cannot control the aircraft because it inherits the strike mission's Doctrine (yes).
Press u then it reverts to side's Doctrine (no).
Attachments
engagedof..doabli1.zip
(8.53 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

But i want not create a mission many time.

For example: i have one airplane micromanaged (not tasked in a mission) in a plotted coursed (ignored plotted course set to yes) , i detect an enemy plane and i order F1 to my airplane, that ignored plotted course and goes to attack the enemy but in any moment i order U (unassign) and the plane goes again to his plotted course or where i want.

Right now if an airplane is not tasked in a mission and you give it an order to autoattack (F1) this plane you will not be able to control it anymore. It is going to stay "Engaged offensive".

Regards
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

'E' to disengage from target. CTRL-E to disengage from all targets (if it was told to attack more than one target). Is that what you are looking for?
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

ORIGINAL: ultradave

'E' to disengage from target. CTRL-E to disengage from all targets (if it was told to attack more than one target). Is that what you are looking for?

Nop,thats not working.

Regards
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Yeah, tried your save game. When I try CTRL-E it takes the order but still says engaged offensive. But in the log file, it says it has no orders, returning to base, has nowhere to land, except it's headed for the target airfield? What was the attack order it was given?
----------------
Dave A.
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

Doesnt matter if have a base to returning or not. This problem is when you order and unit to "atack-auto" or F1 and i think that the problem is related to weapons with datalink.

Regards
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

So to make sure I understand:

* the attached scenario starts with a missile in the air.
* when I ran the scenario forward, the aircraft maintained a constant course to the target while the missile was in the air. As soon as the missile impacted, the aircraft resumed its plotted course.
* Is what you want to abort the attack completely and have the aircraft then go on to do whatever its plotted course was originally, while that missile is still in the air ?
----------------
Dave A.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

I've run into it once in .18 - an F-22 that fired an AMRAAM wouldn't deviate from Engaged Offensive. I had another F-22 that did just fine, stayed on Plotted Course after firing but missile still in flight. Next time it happens I'll get a save game.
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

ORIGINAL: ultradave

So to make sure I understand:

* the attached scenario starts with a missile in the air.
* when I ran the scenario forward, the aircraft maintained a constant course to the target while the missile was in the air. As soon as the missile impacted, the aircraft resumed its plotted course.
* Is what you want to abort the attack completely and have the aircraft then go on to do whatever its plotted course was originally, while that missile is still in the air ?

Yes i want that when i order "unassign" (U) to the plane it returns to his plotted course or the plotted course that i want.
Why?? Because the plane in the "save" that i attached break left after firing the missile, but and if i want it to break right because to the left there are SAM or enemy planes???

Regards
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

I get this same behaviour. I ordered my a/c to attack a target with F1, they then shoot missiles and continue to close in. The missiles missed so I hit "U" and put a new course to turn away from the target. It then immediately goes back to Engaged Offensive and continues flying to target. Tried it again with no luck. Hit U many times, every time it changes back to EO.
I tried changing the Opportunity Target settings in ROE. Nothing. Tried changing Ignore Plotted Course, nothing.
RTB is the only way to get them to disengage.
This behaviour is new since the last update.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

So what is the consensus ?
Kobu

Post by Kobu »

Like i said this behavoir only happen from this way:

1.- Ignored plotted course set to Yes.
2.- Order an "autoattack" F1 key to a plane, ground target etc... with datalink weapon.

After the launched of the weapon the plane goes to "engaged offensive" for mid update guidance to the weapon, but if i want to unassign this plane because the plane break left and there are enemys to the left and i want to break right or give it a plotted course the plane goes again to "engaged offensive". Nevermind how many times i press U.
When i press F1 i want that the plane manage the attack but if for any reason i want to control again the plane myself i want to press U (unassign) and that the plane do whatever i want. Its quite annoying that if you order F1 to an unit you can not control this unit anymore until his attack ends.

This not affect to more thing that this. I pretty sure that in previous version this worked like i say.

Regards

Return to “Tech Support”