Pretty big bug!

Strategic Command WWII World at War Tech Support
dave123

Pretty big bug!

Post by dave123 »

Multiplayer. When France fell, an Italian tank was in Algeria, next to or in Algiers.

So France surrendered, and there was no offer for Vichy. Instead, all the French territories in the world went axis, including all of France.

Messages coming up about lack of supplies in some of them.

This seems like a big exploit, or at the very least a bug that should be checked out.

I have the game saved.

I originally posted this in the wrong place and someone replied that it was normal.

Could not offering Vichy be normal? If this is supposed to happen, it seems a natural axis strategy that would give them a higher income...
BillRunacre

RE: Pretty big bug!

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

If Algiers is in Axis hands when France surrenders then there is no Vichy Decision, as having managed to get France to surrender and holding that city too, forming Vichy wouldn't really be a sensible option for the Axis.

So France shouldn't weaken its forces in North Africa too much in order to defend mainland France, as doing so could make the long term Allied situation worse rather than better.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Nevermind, as I see Bill has just posted.
dave123

Post by dave123 »

Wow, I think I have my new strategy. For simply sending an Italian tank,which I'm pretty sure didn't take a a capital city, into Algeria, the axis control all the french
possessions in the world and get a nice income boost.

Seems like an exploit to me!

As and aside, my french corps did not leave tunisia or algeria, they were still there. if the italian tank took any cities, it was constantine and gabes.

Return to “Tech Support”