Pretty big bug I found

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
dave123

Pretty big bug I found

Post by dave123 »

Multiplayer. When France fell, an Italian tank was in Algeria, next to or in Algiers.

So France surrendered, and there was no offer for Vichy. Instead, all the French territories in the world went axis, including all of France.

Messages coming up about lack of supplies in some of them.

This seems like a big exploit, or at the very least a bug that should be checked out.

I have the game saved.
Sugar

RE: Pretty big bug I found

Post by Sugar »

If Paris, Bordeaux and Algier are in Axis' hands (mostly Paris and Algier are enough, depending on french NM), France has no alternate capital left and will surrender including it's colonies. Therefore I can't see any bug at all, but if you want to verify, check surrender conditions in scripts.
dave123

Post by dave123 »

sorry, posted in wrong game, this happened in the new one.

almost positive bordeaux was not axis. and the italian tank did not take the capital city.

No vichy isn't a bug? If this should be this way, than as axis, it's my new strategy for sure! I see axis income going up for sure.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

almost positive bordeaux was not axis. and the italian tank did not take the capital city

That`s not what you said in your first post.

In that case I'd suspect the Axis player was asked for the Vichy-Event, but decided to take the whole France because he was able to get Algier and Bordeaux (if necessary) within few turns. Perhaps you missed the report?

Anyway the precondition for France' surrender would be to occupy Paris and Algier, or to bring french NM to 0. He will also get the opportunity to invite Franco into the Axis, shouldn't Casablanca or Oran be occupied by the Allies, and if Spain`s leaning reaches 60%. A reasonable and therefore well known Axis strategy, with the downside of time delay to get the french plunder in time before Barbarossa starts.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

I've responded in the other thread too, but have reposted it here for completeness too:

If Algiers is in Axis hands when France surrenders then there is no Vichy Decision, as having managed to get France to surrender and holding that city too, forming Vichy wouldn't really be a sensible option for the Axis.

So France shouldn't weaken its forces in North Africa too much in order to defend mainland France, as doing so could make the long term Allied situation worse rather than better.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Return to “Tech Support”