No Standalone Normandy Scenario?

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

paulferris1964

No Standalone Normandy Scenario?

Post by paulferris1964 »

When the game came out, I was surprised that there was no standalone complete Normandy scenario from D-Day to Falaise. I have no great desire to manage the Italian Front at the same time.

No user made scenario, either. I wonder if this reflects lack of interest, or the difficulty in using the editor?

I Know, I know.... I should create one myself. I've never used the editor before, and creating a campaign from scratch looks pretty daunting. I don't suppose it could be as easy as just deleting the Italian Front units from the existing 1944 Campaign, could it? [:)]

If someone could kindly give me some tips, I might be tempted to have a go!

Thanks

Paul
Joel Billings

RE: No Standalone Normandy Scenario?

Post by Joel Billings »

It would be a very short scenario, but you could start by taking the 1944 campaign as the starting point, and reduce the number of turns. Then make the Italian area off the playable map area. It would take a bit of editing, but mostly just removing units you didn't want. There is an editor manual that explains how to do most things.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
paulferris1964

Post by paulferris1964 »

Many thanks Joel. I will givit it a go

Paul
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: paulferris1964

When the game came out, I was surprised that there was no standalone complete Normandy scenario from D-Day to Falaise. I have no great desire to manage the Italian Front at the same time.

No user made scenario, either. I wonder if this reflects lack of interest, or the difficulty in using the editor?

I Know, I know.... I should create one myself. I've never used the editor before, and creating a campaign from scratch looks pretty daunting. I don't suppose it could be as easy as just deleting the Italian Front units from the existing 1944 Campaign, could it? [:)]

If someone could kindly give me some tips, I might be tempted to have a go!

Thanks

Paul

You could jut ignore the Italian theatre.
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”