Panels visibility question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Raindem

Panels visibility question

Post by Raindem »

Quick question on the panels control. I prefer the T3 view of having all the buttons on the right side, and thus select that option when I open the game. Is there a way to have the game remember that setting? Currently, it defaults to the floating panels every time I open the program. Thanks.
Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.
sPzAbt653

RE: Panels visibility question

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I haven't seen an option to make the choice stick, and I agree that there should be one because that would save three clicks every time I open the game, and I am a big fan of reducing clicks.
Raindem

Post by Raindem »

I agree. In PBEM games it's a pain because the program automatically closes after every turn.
Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

+1

I like to move the mini-map over to the right side of the screen because I'm right-handed and the movement of my wrist is minimized when I don't have to move the mouse very far and I save about 17 nanoseconds each time I have to right-click on the mini-map. Last night after working all night I figured out that I have saved 0.513 minutes so far. I'd LOVE to have a menu item called "configuration" or "settings" or something that will save the configuration of the windows and panels as they are currently so that the next time you start a session you can chose that configuration from a listbox or something and have the windows and panels move themselves to the places you want them in. I've seen this done with third-party programs; Hell, I've done it myself in one of my programs. It would be handy because I have four opponents, Patrick, Matt, Brian, and MikeJ19 [ and I guess Jorge quit ] and I give Brian priority so that when I'm working on my moves for a non-Brian opponent, and I get moves from Brian, I save where I am and do my moves for Brian and he and I can produce about 4 or 5 moves per day and so I'm constantly having to reboot TOAWIV* to continue working on my moves for my non-Brian opponents. I would estimate about 2 reboots per hour on average. If I could just choose a menu item to restore my configuration it would save me about 0.5 minutes of having to rearrange everything. About 30 times per my working day. The users would love it. *I* would love it.

Notes:
*.....I have 2 Gig's of RAM and it's stuffed to the gills when I have everything I need open. It's stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. It's stuffed like a taxodermist's deer head. I need to get back to my moves now.

EDIT: The above computer crashed and was replaced by a new one, the specs of which are in my signature.
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."

Return to “Tech Support”