Minor Nations - Only 1 Can be Influenced Per Turn ?

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

DonCzirr

Minor Nations - Only 1 Can be Influenced Per Turn ?

Post by DonCzirr »

The rules say you can attempt 2 influences per turn and the game allows that.

But am I missing a rules or update item that says only 1 of the Influence attempts can be successful ?

I ran a series of tests from the opening turn as Russia and could INF various countries but not 2 in the same turn?

Is that normal?

I'm ok if it is - I'm just trying to figure what I am missing in the rules ...
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
pzgndr

RE: Minor Nations - Only 1 Can be Influenced Per Turn ?

Post by pzgndr »

Interesting question. I think the key phrase for rule 6.1.4 is: "Each Major Power may attempt up to two diplomatic actions per turn. More than one action may be taken on a minor country, but with a limit of one action per Major Power." [Emphasis added.] This is consistent with EIH v4.0 rule 4.2.8. So I think the code allows two attempts but only allows one action to happen. Note that this is one of those alternate EIH rules incorporated into the game, so applies to either the EIA classic or EIH alternate campaigns. It provides an interesting diplomatic sideshow, which may or may not affect much.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Daniel Amieiro

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

Well, in my test games (with France) i could influence two countries per turn, but not two steps per country (you can make tunis and Argelia from nothing to influenced, but not from nothing to ally). It's fairly easy test it in north Africa (Argelia, Tunis). I think it could easy proven with german minors with apropiate countries (prussia, austria) or when dominant... or turkey with african minors.

France is easy to prove because one can add a good bonus with money. Russia has less money ;)
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

It may be that I am not spending enough money to consistently win the roll on both influences on different Minors in one turn.

It might take a whole bunch of time to prove(as Russia) but for the moment, I decided to concentrate on getting Sweden as an Ally and invading all of the Minors in the Georgia area.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”