Problem with editor (no buttons on Peoples screen!)

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Jabod

Problem with editor (no buttons on Peoples screen!)

Post by Jabod »

I am trying to learn how to use the scenario editor and am following all the steps in Vic's introductory tutorial ("Simple scenario creation 101").

However, I grind to halt as soon as I get to the Peoples screen. In the tutorial, Vic shows how to rename the "Universals" as "Dutch", add a second people called "Germans", and then edit properties (e.g. ProdMod) that go with these peoples. In Vic's example, all this is done by clicking on the grey boxes to the left of the function you need to select (e.g. "Add a People" underneath the list of peoples).

Yet when I try to do this, there are none of these grey boxes (buttons). There is only one button on the entire page, a yellow one next to "Set Units of Regime X" - which does not even appear on the page in Vic's tutorial. [&:]

Can someone explain what is causing me this problem? Have a inadvertently missed a step out? Is this a bug? Or maybe the editing process for Peoples has changed since Vic posted his tutorial?

Thanks!
danlongman

RE: Problem with editor (no buttons on Peoples screen!)

Post by danlongman »

Did you disable the Master file?
That is all I can think of this minute.
When I have some time I will look at it.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Jabod

Post by Jabod »

The masterfile is not disabled. It is only the Peoples page that has this problem. As far as I can see all the selection buttons (grey boxes) appear as normal on other pages of the editor.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Yeah, this is because you haven't disabled the masterfile. Easily done. Go into Setng, click on the masterfile button, and then just press enter at the prompts. No harm done.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Jabod

Post by Jabod »

Yep, that worked!

Many thanks to both of you![&o]

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”