Drop tank MIA

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AW1Steve

Drop tank MIA

Post by AW1Steve »

Does anyone know when the Allied 175GAL. drop tank shoes up? I've checked the forum , the manual, and the editor. It's May 1943 in my game , I'm trying at bases sized 9, with 200K supply and a HQa present. I'm trying to fit them to F4U and P-47D aircraft. Any thoughts? [&:]
tolsdorff

RE: Drop tank MIA

Post by tolsdorff »

After fiddling around, I came to the following conclusion:

On the f4U1, the 175 gallon tank is a centre-line fuel tank, not an external one. This can be set in the list of devices in the Aircraft data in the editor.

Apparently, when the fuel tank is mounted 'centre-line'. the airplane needs a "max load" attribute that can accomodate the fuel tank. This attribute is not necessary, had it been an external device. The 'max load' attribute can be found in the aircraft data in the editor.
As the Max-Load attribute for the F4U1 is 0, the fuel tank cannot be mounted. On it's upgrade the F4U1A, with a "max load" of 500, the fuel tank can be mounted.

in Scenario 2, the P-47D2 has no problems mounting a 200 gallon fuel tank
Nou nou, gaat het wel helemaal lekker met je -- Kenny Sulletje
The broken record - Chris
spence

Post by spence »

Not sure about the F4Us but by August your P47Ds will surely be able to use drop tanks. I think they were available in July but I didn't need to use them so far in my PBEM (8/8/43) so I didn't. Initially when the P47Ds appeared they were unable to use drop tanks even though other aircraft did use them at that time. (Other than the hardware to attach any drop tank to a specific aircraft what more would be required?) I suspect but don't know for sure that the F4U-1s either didn't have the hard-points to carry drop tanks or didn't have the appropriate plumbing.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
Does anyone know when the Allied 175GAL. drop tank shoes up? I've checked the forum , the manual, and the editor. It's May 1943 in my game , I'm trying at bases sized 9, with 200K supply and a HQa present. I'm trying to fit them to F4U and P-47D aircraft. Any thoughts? [&:]
Drop tank availability is in the editor in the airframe data. Only a particular DT is valid for a particular airframe.
E.g. in stock 1 scenario P-47D2 uses 200Gal which becomes available July 43 and F4U-1 uses 175Gal which becomes available Oct 43
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the information. [&o][&o][&o]
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

(Other than the hardware to attach any drop tank to a specific aircraft what more would be required?)

How about pumps and plumbing?
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Droptanks were also modified for use in high speed medevac operations. F-5B Lightning fitted.

Attachments
54e4517048d7b.jpg
54e4517048d7b.jpg (112.76 KiB) Viewed 82 times

Return to “The War Room”