Barbarossa scenario

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Twisted1

Barbarossa scenario

Post by Twisted1 »

OK, now that I have a number of games of MWiF under my belt, I was wondering if people feel that the Barbarossa scenario is pro-USSR?

I love the scenario, and will continue to play it, but I am getting the impression that it is pro-USSR.

What do you think?
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
Adlai E. Stevenson
michaelbaldur

RE: Barbarossa scenario

Post by michaelbaldur »

did you know, that Barbarossa is the first thing to get AI.

so it will be a good test
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Twisted1

OK, now that I have a number of games of MWiF under my belt, I was wondering if people feel that the Barbarossa scenario is pro-USSR?

I love the scenario, and will continue to play it, but I am getting the impression that it is pro-USSR.

What do you think?
My feeling is that it is pro-Germany.

Or perhaps I just find it easier to play Germany in this scenario.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

it depends on luck …

if you get the right attack rolls, weather rolls and enemy mistakes.

I seen a German player starting Barbarossa. and the best weather roll i 3 years was rain. lets just said, he did not reach Stalingrad
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

IMO it can swing heavily on the weather rolls but with average weather rolls, and equal player experience, the USSR is favored.
Paul
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

Historically, the Red Army was handled incompetently. It would be difficult to do worse than Stalin's (and subordinates') combination of muddled counterattacks and "not one step back" directives which, along with operational and tactical deficiencies, led to enormous losses and huge German territorial gains.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster

Return to “World in Flames”