Having glitch in air combat window

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

thechief1984

Having glitch in air combat window

Post by thechief1984 »

Hello everyone, hoping somebody can help me out. I just installed the game on my windows 10 laptop and after working on it got working in fullscreen and scrolling back to normal. But I got this annoying glitch in Air combat mode where the window shakes up and down does anyone know how fix this issue?
BBfanboy

RE: Having glitch in air combat window

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: thechief1984

Hello everyone, hoping somebody can help me out. I just installed the game on my windows 10 laptop and after working on it got working in fullscreen and scrolling back to normal. But I got this annoying glitch in Air combat mode where the window shakes up and down does anyone know how fix this issue?

I had to remove the -dd_sw switch on my desktop when I went to Win10. Some people say to use Win 7 emulation mode. See previous threads in this part of the forum for a host of problem descriptions and suggested solutions. You may have to tinker with switches and Win10 settings for a while.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
thechief1984

Post by thechief1984 »

Are u in window mode or fullscreen?
btd64

Post by btd64 »

[quote]ORIGINAL: thechief1984

deleted
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
thechief1984

Post by thechief1984 »

I am getting the glitch in windowed mode
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I also think you should try running the .exe in Windows 7 emulation mode (or compatibility mode). And play around with the switches, as detailed in the Word document that is provided in the installation folder.
thechief1984

Post by thechief1984 »

I had running windows Xp service pack 3 compatibility mode I will check to windows 7 solves the glitching issue
thechief1984

Post by thechief1984 »

I have tried everything I can find no luck
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Integrated graphics or graphics card?

Post your switches.

thechief1984

Post by thechief1984 »

Here is the switches I use "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -archive -deepColor -px1680 -py1050 -w -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -dd_sw -cpu3

IAcer Laptop ntel HD GRAPHICS 620 SO I am not really sure if its intergrated or a graphics card? I am thinking integrated

MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

"-px1680 -py1050"

could be the resolution set.

The shaking happens in both full and window mode?

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Here is the switches I use "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -archive -deepColor -px1680 -py1050 -w -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -dd_sw -cpu3

IAcer Laptop ntel HD GRAPHICS 620 SO I am not really sure if its intergrated or a graphics card? I am thinking integrated

The problem may be with the old version of Windows. I am not sure XP can use the switches.
The game would run in it's original resolution (1024 X 768, 16 colour I think) on XP because most CRT monitors would not display more than VGA resolution. The advent of panel displays with better resolution led the game creators to design switches that would allow better handling of higher res graphics and few other things users requested.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Yea, go back to normal compatibility mode to test changes.

BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The problem may be with the old version of Windows. I am not sure XP can use the switches.
The game would run in it's original resolution (1024 X 768, 16 colour I think) on XP because most CRT monitors would not display more than VGA resolution. The advent of panel displays with better resolution led the game creators to design switches that would allow better handling of higher res graphics and few other things users requested.

No, I often use the XP service pack 2 compatibility with no problems.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

No, I often use the XP service pack 2 compatibility with no problems.

Compatibility can mean many things, like setting Win 10 to be compatible with the way things would be done in Win 7. In the above case are you saying that XP is compatible with switch use? or something else?
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

I think BillBrown is saying that his computer ran Win7 but set to XP compatibility.  The command line switches were recognised.

Alfred
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

I think BillBrown is saying that his computer ran Win7 but set to XP compatibility.  The command line switches were recognised.

Alfred
Ah! I missed the Win 7 part. Thanks for the catch!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Integrated graphics or graphics card?

Post your switches.
It could also be lack of RAM as well as VRAM.

Go to Control Panel and select My Computer to look at the hardware installed, then let us know what you have.
thechief1984

Post by thechief1984 »

I finally got it to stop shaking running better now so here's what I did I downloaded beta version of the game then used Seebee program and seemed fix my issues so far
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Good to hear, but you will have other questions about the game so you should try to capture a screenshot and post it. Keep track of each step you take and if it doesn't work, describe what error messages you get or the steps you took to get an unsatisfactory result (like the postage stamp screenshot you had before).

Return to “Tech Support”