[RESOLVED] Command hangs on splash screen after 1.14.6 update

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

peacekeeper118

[RESOLVED] Command hangs on splash screen after 1.14.6 update

Post by peacekeeper118 »

I am recently suffering from the problem which occur right after 1.14.6 update. The symptom is exactly same as mentioned below.

tm.asp?m=4195614

Run exe file, Splash screen appears, and nothing happens. By checking task manager, I can see 'no responding' status.

My attempts to solve the issue so far are

1. tm.asp?m=3913550

2. tm.asp?m=3913575

3. Turning off Anti-virus program

4. Reinstallation of CMANO

I want to say there were somewhat weird things happened when I completely reinstalled CMANO several times.

4 - 1. Every problem mentioned below NOT occur after only 1.14 version installation.

4 - 2. After 1.14.6 installation, It's either one or the other.

4 - 2 - 1) Splash screen hanging problem occurs.

4 - 2 - 2) Splash screen hanging problem not occurs but, Several files which seems to be critical on running program ARE DELETED automatically.

For example, they were the files just like 'World_Border.sph'(File name can be incorrect, but I can sure the name was implying data about borderlines and coastlines) somewhere in CMANO\GIS directory. In this case, I was able to access the main menu anyway, but background globe didn't show any borderlines colored yellow.

Other None critical files like command.ini also gone.

Plus) As I remember, whenever I installed update package successfully, after the progress bar reached the end, there was optional screen which suggest to install PreRequisites. And after that, There was always 'Finish screen'. But at this time, when I install 1.14.6 patch, these two sequences were missed.
There was no finish screen, and I even didn't have to click Finish button to complete installation process. I suspect that Installation program might be shut down while it was on progress.

Attachment is Dxdiag file. Sorry for my poor grammatical capability - but I seldom believe that you guys misunderstood what I'm saying [:D]

(Note - Here is 0712 now and I've got to sleep now - I have stayed up for nights. Please be aware of late respond)

EDIT : Problem Solved
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(86.72 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
VPaulus

RE: Command hangs on splash screen after 1.14.6 update

Post by VPaulus »

If files are deleted automatically, then one of your Internet security programs must be interfering and deleting the files.

Try reinstalling the game and update it.
Before running the game, please try to disable all background programs in case these are interfering with the normal running of the game.
You can do this by running msconfig and disabling all non-windows start-up programs and services.
Then once you have disabled all non-Microsoft services, please run the game and see if the issue persists.
If it does not, please then reopen msconfig and reenable those services, one by one, until you find the program causing the problem.
A tutorial on how to do this can be found below:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/23848
peacekeeper118

Post by peacekeeper118 »

Hello, VPaulus.

I compromised with the issue by applying only build 998.17 archive file, but there is a doubt whether this is exactly same patch with installing 1.14.6 file.

Archive file's size is about 22 MB. For 1.14.6 installation file, It's over 240 MB. The file size difference might have effected about the result of the patch.

Does the result of applying either two of them is same?
peacekeeper118

Post by peacekeeper118 »

If it isn't, then I'll try your suggestion.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Only the game's developers can answer this, but I believe that 998.17 is to be applied after the 1.14.6 update.
So everything should be alright.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

VPaulus is correct.

Has this been resolved?
peacekeeper118

Post by peacekeeper118 »

Oops - Sorry for late reply.

Yes, Problem was solved! - by applying B 998.17 archive file.
ORIGINAL: peacekeeper118

I compromised with the issue by applying only build 998.17 archive file, but there is a doubt whether this is exactly same patch with installing 1.14.6 file.

Archive file's size is about 22 MB. For 1.14.6 installation file, It's over 240 MB. The file size difference might have effected about the result of the patch.

Does the result of applying either two of them is same?

Edit : Could you explain more about the difference of file size, please? This seems to be related to the previous version update - As I guess, maybe bigger one will include all patch files after the versions which are earlier than 1.14
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Usually a bigger file size indicates that the update has numerous changed/added files (updated DBs etc.), whereas a small file size usually indicates just an exe change.
peacekeeper118

Post by peacekeeper118 »

Hello, Dmitris.

I'm afraid to tell that this problem still occurs even after 1.14.7 update.

I had to use 1.14.7 installation file, there was no option. Because Command Live for Commonwealth Collision and Kuril Sunrise required version newer than mere 1.14, and applying only archive file doesn't make any kind of difference about version. Archive file changed build number, but doesn't make effect about version number - staying only 1.14.

What should I do? It seems that It's unable to unlock Live Scenarios until I install 1.14.7 ......

EDIT : Disabling all background programs, non-windows start-up programs and services doesn't work.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

If your problem right now is that you see only "Command v1.14 - Build XYZ" instead of "Command v1.14.7 - Build XYZ" on the title bar, then you don't have a problem. The .6, .7 etc etc. numbers are used only by Matrix for the updater program. The build number is the important one.

If your problem is still hangs on startup, then I'm sorry but we've gone through everything we can to help you.
peacekeeper118

Post by peacekeeper118 »

Never mind, Dimitris.

I uninstalled all antivirus programs and CMANO game folder, then reinstalled CMANO and make 1.14.7 patch. Everything works fine!

Maybe the problem was due to the antivirus programs which were not completely shut down. Only disabling them for selective startup and system services looks not enough to terminate them.

Sorry for the confusion and keep bothering you T_T

Return to “Tech Support”