Brilliant Game Thank You Devs!

Moderator: Hubert Cater

Tanaka

Brilliant Game Thank You Devs!

Post by Tanaka »

As I am half way through my first full game and having a blast I can see where an even bigger map would take a very long time to play and am coming to appreciate the current map more. Although a lot of us Grogs would like a little bigger map option I can now see why they made the decision to make the core map areas smaller than in SCWIE to fit to scale as the game does take a long time to play. The editor is great though and I have been able to tweak the game to fit the smaller map areas to my liking reducing economy, movement, research, scale, etc. I will probably post my mod at some point.

As far as game play goes this game is just amazing and just does everything right when it comes to WW2. I always wanted Panzer General on a grand world scale and here it is and even better. It is just right in complexity in my opinion as in not too big (WITE/WITW/WITP/HOI,etc) and not too small (OOB/PC/PG) And the AI is really good and presents a decent challenge. And the game plays just great right out of the gate. Thank you Bill and Hubert and know we only nitpick because we love the games you create so much! [&o]
demyansk

RE: Brilliant Game Thank You Devs!

Post by demyansk »

Good comment
tarfman

Post by tarfman »

Agreed. Really enjoying the game. Not too light and not too grog.
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

Do please post your mod. I'd proudly call myself a Grog, but I'm not tech savvy with editors, so any tweaks that further enhance balance within the current map scale would be greatly appreciated.
jebboy

Post by jebboy »

+1

This series has brought me great joy and provided a lot of fun.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks for the kind comments and feedback everyone as we are really glad to hear you are enjoying the game [8D]
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: steevodeevo

Do please post your mod. I'd proudly call myself a Grog, but I'm not tech savvy with editors, so any tweaks that further enhance balance within the current map scale would be greatly appreciated.

Will do! Want to finish my current game to keep testing and see how it all plays out.
GeneralFerraro

Post by GeneralFerraro »

Yes, this game is brilliant, really. Even more fun than SC WWII: War in Europe. And that one is really a great game, I had tons of fun with it already, as well as a lot of new insights into WWII as history. But "World at War" is impressive, both in scope and detail, I'm having a blast. Now, please understand that I totally respect the various criticisms raised by other players, they are sometimes correct, and the discussion is very necessary and useful. However, I also would like to thank the devs for their amazing work! [&o]
gamer78

Post by gamer78 »

Graphics and new rules are excellent and I think whole package about campaign and research&production is one of the best. Campaigns like Ludendorff Offensive in the past was also good, one of my favorite game developers in pbem.
Meteor2

Post by Meteor2 »

With the first look I was a little bit concerned about the new map size, but now I think, it fits the purpose well.
The WiE size Is a good presentation, but would a map of that scale be playable in "normal" hours of real life ...???
Nevertheless a trial would be welcome and I would buy instantly.

Dear devs, a well balanced and a "just one more turn" game. Congrats!!! [:D]
adarbrauner

Post by adarbrauner »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

As far as game play goes this game is just amazing and just does everything right when it comes to WW2. It is just right in complexity in my opinion as in not too big (WITE/WITW/WITP/HOI,etc) and not too small (OOB/PC/PG) And the AI is really good and presents a decent challenge. And the game plays just great right out of the gate. Thank you Bill and Hubert and know we only nitpick because we love the games you create so much! [&o]

I'm a very new player (purchased the game and started playing it this Monday only), but I feel and cannot but agree to every word above said;

P.s., I'm a great player of WITP-AE (best of the best?), I'm learning the other two big Gary Grigsby (the other two bests?), and I WAS a good player of HOI, version 3 only;

Still enjoying this game/simulation very, very much, exactly as Tanka wrote above;
James Taylor

Post by James Taylor »

Got to hand it to Hubert....first, and then Bill later. Through all the trials and tribulations in the past 17? or was it 18 years, of the creation and evolution of SC they have never failed to listen to forum feedback, first at BF and now here at Matrix.

Using very astute and measured judgement to incorporate the necessary features, trying and discarding the questionable ones and always making sure that the platform is as stable as it gets.

I have to raise my glass and toast to the very best, most playable, grand strategy game representing the
conflict that was WW2. IMO[8D]
SeaMonkey
Bylandt11

Post by Bylandt11 »

Bought and enjoyed every SC-game. This might be the best yet. Thanks, Hubert and Bill.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks again everyone [:)]
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

Got to hand it to Hubert....first, and then Bill later. Through all the trials and tribulations in the past 17? or was it 18 years, of the creation and evolution of SC they have never failed to listen to forum feedback, first at BF and now here at Matrix.

Using very astute and measured judgement to incorporate the necessary features, trying and discarding the questionable ones and always making sure that the platform is as stable as it gets.

I have to raise my glass and toast to the very best, most playable, grand strategy game representing the
conflict that was WW2. IMO[8D]

Well said, SeaMonkey!
:)
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
Kornstalx

Post by Kornstalx »

Around Thanksgiving I began my first foray into the world of SC since I binged the original game some ~15 years ago. I was immediately smitten again and bought both current modern titles. I got them on Matrix but play via the steam key, and Steam tells me I've got 70 hours in WiE and 98 in WaW. Fair to say that's a pretty good testament to how freaking awesome these games are. Thank you so much guys.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”