Carrier aircraft in the red?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

asukamaru

Carrier aircraft in the red?

Post by asukamaru »

Hello everyone and happy new year, it is my first post here and i just started two weeks ago playing this game.

There is something i don't understand (hahahaha), my aircraft carrier plane size for a squadron is 20 but it says it takes the full capacity (and even more since its in the red and i can't put back the other squadrons) of the aircraft carrier O_o'?

I dabbled wit the resize it didn't work, fit to size also. This happened just after an upgrade (i was resizing the squadron at the time the upgrade arrived) but even after staying a week in Singapore it didn't change the issue.
Can any kind veteran help me solve this issue? Half my carriers are overstuffed with ghost planes...

geofflambert

RE: Carrier aircraft in the red?

Post by geofflambert »

You can have a maximum of 15% more than the stated number of planes and still operate. If the number is red you have more that 115% of capacity and your carrier is just a freighter, it cannot operate planes. You must dock the carrier to unload the planes that are on it. So if it is a CVE of size 20 capacity it can actually have 23 planes and still operate. In theory you could have some additional reserve aircraft but that's dangerous because if they come out of reserve there's no way to put them back in reserve.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Another tip, always have squadrons on carriers set to "no replacements" so an automatic replacement event doesn't overload the carrier.

DConn

Post by DConn »

In addition, make sure that all the planes you have moved to carriers are "carrier capable." That is noted in the squadron info on the upper left.
--Dave Conn
Currently defending the free world against montesaurus, DBB-B, Scen. 28
asukamaru

Post by asukamaru »

AAAAAAAhhhhhhh !! of course docking the carrier to unload the aircraft !!! Silly me i disbanded the TF in port :p
Thanks for the answers :)
asukamaru

Post by asukamaru »

HHuumm do i need to put my squadrons in fit to size or no resize to unload the excess aircraft? Does the unload happens in one time or through several days? When i check the aircraft in my squadrons it show only the one "usable" with pilots the others are nowhere to be seen, sorry for asking so much :)
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Click the button to resize aircraft 3 times. It starts with no resize, then resize to fit carrier, then no resize, then the third time a window opens up and you can set the size of the air unit. Do this with all the units on the carrier. Put the carrier in an Air TF (if it isn't already there), then disband it. Most of the time, the air units will resize. If they don't they will by the next turn. Note that this works for Japanese carriers. I have no experience with Allied carriers (other than to sink them). [:D]
Created by the amazing Dixie
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Click the button to resize aircraft 3 times. It starts with no resize, then resize to fit carrier, then no resize, then the third time a window opens up and you can set the size of the air unit. Do this with all the units on the carrier. Put the carrier in an Air TF (if it isn't already there), then disband it. Most of the time, the air units will resize. If they don't they will by the next turn. Note that this works for Japanese carriers. I have no experience with Allied carriers (other than to sink them). [:D]

It can work with Allies carriers, but it all depends (for both nations) on whether there is a determined resize assigned for a specific date. If the group is shown to resize at a specific time it will not resize before that time.

The CV also has to be at port to resize. It often then will default to size to fit carrier, so just make sure that if you remove or leave room on a CV intentionally, that the resize is set to "no resize" or you may have groups auto-resize, which can really suck. CV air groups have some set resize dates for both sides and this happens when you're not ready, and other units are present that have this set to auto, everything can go pretty crazy.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

Just to echo a previous poster, make sure the aircraft is carrier capable or it will take up a lhigher number of slow ts and overload the carrier. You say you just upgraded, there is an early corsair model that is not carrier capable.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Just to echo a previous poster, make sure the aircraft is carrier capable or it will take up a lhigher number of slow ts and overload the carrier. You say you just upgraded, there is an early corsair model that is not carrier capable.

I believe only the Marine squadrons upgrade to the non-CV capable corsair. With PDU on it's not a problem....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”