BLITZ4FOUR MP game

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

weinsoldner

BLITZ4FOUR MP game

Post by weinsoldner »

Below are the rules and signup for the new Blitz4four team game for beginners. yes restricted to BEGINNERS!

How about playing a different game of WITE? Instead of taking on the whole monster head to head or against the AI, why not be a ground or aircommander or even an overall team administator for a team playing a side in the game. It is less commitment than a game all on your own. You can learn from your team mates and opponents who have the same level of skills. This is the social version of the solo game. If you are a beginning wargamer who wants to learn and have fun at the same time, read on ….

There are already other team games going on, and there have been others in the past. This team game is in response to the more experienced players in the the current multiplayer games. Some more succesfull than others. As said before this game aims for the beginners. If you are interested please do post here or feel free to PM me. Also feel free to ask any questions if you are unsure.

It is an opportunity to see how others play from the same side and play collaboratively a side of War in the East. Some things that are easy for a single player game to do are harder for a group, and that is part of the challenge.

As a wargame it should be approached by all in the spirit of fun. If you take losing personally, this game is not for you.

Unless joiners request alterations the game will be -

Set Up

PBEM

Campaign 1941-45

Latest public beta version and update at least when steam does

Game options
-fog of war
-random weather
-+1 Soviet bonus
-mild blizzard
-better cv maths
-difficulty normal and levels on 100

House rules
-no suicide mission para drops or naval invasions.
-additional house rules may be agreed by those joining the game at the start or during the game (see future changes below)

Team and Roles

Each team should include
- 3 or more Combat commanders: They must be different people. They may have specific titles such as geographic areas (e.g. North/Centre/South) or functional (e.g. air).
- 1 Team administrator. They can have another role in the team. He makes sure that the save file is with somebody to take their go, that there is no ambiguity whose go it is, and it is not left idle during their sides turn. When a player cannot take their go and there is no way to swap the sequence round for someone else to take their go, the team administrator should arrange for someone to cover that players go for that turn. Their aim is for that team's turn to be finished as quickly as possible. They should also actively recruit replacements when a vacancy occurs.

Restrictions
- Only Combat commanders can take a go with the file and move units or conduct air missions.
- Any person who has played on one side cannot later play on the other side
- Any person with the game password or confidential game information should keep this confidential to only the players on the side they are or were in.

Sequence of Play

Play consists of each commander taking their go and uploading their save files at the end of their go for the next commander in this sequence
1. Team administrator receives end of turn file from opposing team and may take a go
2. Combat commanders take their go in an agreed sequence, if necessary altered by the team administrator to make sure there are no idle periods
3. After Combat commanders on a team have finished the team administrator take a further go at the end
4. The end turn button is pressed for the end of turn save and the result is uploaded for the other side to take their turn

Game Saves

All players should be members of and upload their end of go saves to a single Dropbox or other medium agreed upon for both teams. Players of the other team will be able to see the progress but not open the files without the password of the other side. They may be only be deleted when all players have been given sufficient notice to make copies if they wish.

File saves should use a common file name schema (e.g. "B4F 010-Axis.02 South Finished" where B4F is the abbreviated name of the game, 10-Axis would be the turn number-side, .02 the go for that side during the turn, and the "South Finished" an optional description of their go).

When the game is over teams should exchange passwords.

Reloading

Players should not intentionally reload to get a better die roll or to change their actions in hindsight of new information revealed by the game. Players will know that players on the same side can test results, and players on the other side will be able to as well at the end of the game, and so this will become apparent then.

Communications
All players must have a form of regular communication with the team administrator, and the team administrators with each other.
[
Each player may make AARs individually or with others. AARs on forums cannot exclude others from viewing them.

There is zero tolerance for personal abuse to anyone else in the game. Nothing in this game will justify abuse in any communications private or public.

Future changes

Once the game has started rules can be amended or added to when there is no objection by any of the current players of the game. Rule changes must be posted in a place where all players can see them. Joiners must be notified of where the updated rules are.

Time: Commitment and Pace

Experience from other team games is that when teams are doing OK each side takes a week to do a turn. The fastest has been less than a day, the longest many weeks. Turns get quicker when there are no team changes, and are likely to be quicker during less intense mud turns say. However even with quick players the multiple handovers do make the game slower. Players will have to accept this, but should endeavour to not unnecessarily lengthen the game and take responsibility not to leave it idle while others wait.

Realistically this means at the start you are only likely to have the save file to take your go for an evening or two every two weeks. You can spend as much or as little time as you like outside of this to think about and plan your go, write AARs, strategise with team members, trashtalk the other side or engage in any other type of role play. But if your only interest is "pushing the units" and you are frustrated by this pace you should not consider this as your main or only game. On the other hand if you are not able to commit to a full on solo game against someone else this could be ideal.

Also this pace, even if it accelerates, means the end of the game will be a long way off. This means it is more suited to someone interested in the tactical play turn by turn, the team colloboration, or even the results by the end of each campaigning season. It may not suit someone whose main interest is in seeing a win or lose screen at the end of 200+ turns. On the other hand it does mean you are not individually obliged to stay with the game until the end. You can just play to the end of a campaigning season or even just a couple of turns to cover between one player leaving and another joining. All that is asked is that you are upfront about your commitment to your team mates and give as much notice of leaving as possible to allow a replacement to be found.

How to join or express interest

Post your intention to join here - you can express a preference for a side or role. If you suggest a role other than North/Centre/South/Air as Combat commander you may want to describe how it would work and why it would be good - but may have to accept the team may not be able to accommodate it. Bear in mind the Combat commander roles are only open for beginners. If you are unsure or still considering it do feel free to post so here or PM me. Feel free also to ask any questions.

weinsoldner

RE: BLITZ4FOUR MP game

Post by weinsoldner »

First wanted to wait after the hollidays to post this thread. But decided against it, Will accept that due to the hollidays most reactions will appear in the beginning of january
Fetterkrolle

Post by Fetterkrolle »

I consider myself a beginner, only played one game vs AI and one vs a human opponent. Both were played on the Axis side. I have no experience with playing PBEM, but I am sure it can't be that hard to figure out.

I would like to be a land commander, preferably from the Soviet side to learn more about it. But I can play as an Axis commander if no Soviet ones are available. And any part of the front is fine by me!

Send me a PM if I fit the profile.

Fetterkrolle
JTP

Post by JTP »

I'm game, maybe an advanced beginner if that matters. Either side, but have only played as Axis against the AI, and only some of the scenarios, several times.
Thanks.
Colbert

Post by Colbert »

Put me down as interested for the soviet side. I am not too sure if I can start a game in the new year yet so would need to confirm if I can then.

Congratulations to weinsoldner for doing this. I was worried those who were trying to disrupt these team games would put off those who do organise them. I am so glad that did not succeed here.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

Nada
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Colbert

Post by Colbert »

I have to thank the person who sent me this link. Someone happy to exclude from their games - pot calling kettle black.

tm.asp?m=4298198&mpage=1

Its funny that you are happy to choose who you do and do not play - but no matter how abusive or destructive someone is you think they have a right to play with anyone else against their choice.
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

Nada
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
weinsoldner

Post by weinsoldner »

I would prefer if comments were restricted to peoples joining or supporting this new multiplayer game for beginners.
Treat others as you want to be treated yourself.
mrhuggles

Post by mrhuggles »

Howdy wein, I'd be interested in either side, preferably Axis. [8D]
Neogodhobo

Post by Neogodhobo »

Im in, Soviet Central front.
weinsoldner

Post by weinsoldner »

Yes you sure are Hobo. So will see you on the other side......
therealevan

Post by therealevan »

I will be axis center, confirmed with Weinsoldner via PM.
barforth

Post by barforth »

I'm certainly interested in joining if there is still room. Would prefer Axis land commander but am flexible. I have no experience with PBEM and have only played vs. AI
weinsoldner

Post by weinsoldner »

@barforth PM SEND
Parinor

Post by Parinor »

Hello Weinsoldner,

I have no idea, how far you have gotten in setting up the teams. I would be happy, if there were still room. I am an absolute beginner to this game and PBEM, not so much to hexagon tactics & strategy, especially in a WWII setting.

I just think it is a good idea to learn as a team, and possibly some others have more experience / knowledge than I.

BTW: Happy New Year!
Mirko
sPzAbt. 502

Post by sPzAbt. 502 »

Experience against AI and one PBEM running about a year in game time, would be interested in Axis armies.
Fanstar1

Post by Fanstar1 »

Is this still open? I haven't done a pbem game before, want to try it out.
sPzAbt. 502

Post by sPzAbt. 502 »

ORIGINAL: Fanstar1

What side?
Fanstar1

Post by Fanstar1 »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt. 502

ORIGINAL: Fanstar1

What side?
Soviets

Return to “Opponents Wanted”