Aircraft range Newbie

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

tonyscrase

Aircraft range Newbie

Post by tonyscrase »

in the Edit air directive section one of the lines is GROUPS if you select that it will show the air squadron and one of the columns is rng (I presume range) but I am confused as to what this represents
Also sometimes when I select a squadron I get the Green and purple rings and sometimes not

THANK YOU
Searry

RE: Aircraft range Newbie

Post by Searry »

Very good questions. I have never really figured them out myself either though I have hundreds of hours of experience. Fiddle around with targets and different drop tanks to get a feel for the ranges.

If someone does know about RNG and what it means I would love to know. Same for the green and purple rings and how they appear randomly.

It's kinda sad I have to know the air game really by gut feeling kinda like how WITE has so many mysteries(kabuki worst offender).
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

Range in that particular instance is from the air group's base to the staging base being used for the air directive.

Cary
Searry

Post by Searry »

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

Range in that particular instance is from the air group's base to the staging base being used for the air directive.

Cary
Wow! Thanks.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

The AI doesn't always pick the best staging base for a mission. For example, if you have 8th AF fighters right on the coast for maximum range, and the bombers farther to the West, the AI may pick a staging base that is closer to the bombers, causing the fighters to have to double back. You can manually set the staging base to optimize range and available AC.

Cary

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”