Tale of Two Games

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

dave68124

Tale of Two Games

Post by dave68124 »

Played two different scenarios with the 1.20B patch running. One scenario - Knock em Down is a massive scenario with a lot of space and units. The game ran just fine.

Played the first RB scenario from Rico, One down, Two to go and the game grinded to a halt and made the scenario unplayable. Pulled out the watch and seemed to average about 20 seconds per move of a unit. The game is about a quarter of the first game.

I rebooted between the games and ran Razor while playing. I am perplexed why a larger game would run fine and another game that is smaller in terms of space and units would be virtually unplayable.

Running Windows 10 Pro, I7 @2.70 GHz, RAM is 32GB, Virtual memory (without Razor) is 63.9 GB, Video card is a Geforce GTX 780M.

Really appreciate the efforts to streamline the game speed with the patches, but gut feel is that 1.18 and earlier patches ran much better than the 1.20 patch. Maybe there was nothing done to impact the 1.20 patch, but if I could go back to 1.18 where the game seemed to run a lot smoother, I would. Hope this information helps as you streamline the code.
Peter Fisla

RE: Tale of Two Games

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: dave68124

Played two different scenarios with the 1.20B patch running. One scenario - Knock em Down is a massive scenario with a lot of space and units. The game ran just fine.

Played the first RB scenario from Rico, One down, Two to go and the game grinded to a halt and made the scenario unplayable. Pulled out the watch and seemed to average about 20 seconds per move of a unit. The game is about a quarter of the first game.

I rebooted between the games and ran Razor while playing. I am perplexed why a larger game would run fine and another game that is smaller in terms of space and units would be virtually unplayable.

Running Windows 10 Pro, I7 @2.70 GHz, RAM is 32GB, Virtual memory (without Razor) is 63.9 GB, Video card is a Geforce GTX 780M.

Really appreciate the efforts to streamline the game speed with the patches, but gut feel is that 1.18 and earlier patches ran much better than the 1.20 patch. Maybe there was nothing done to impact the 1.20 patch, but if I could go back to 1.18 where the game seemed to run a lot smoother, I would. Hope this information helps as you streamline the code.

Hi Dave, with 1.18 patch I was trying to improve the LOS processing speed. However, in the end my improvement feature compromised some important LOS features so I had to disable this functionality for now. So 1.20 is essentially the same before 1.18 patch and restored quality LOS processing functionality. I will look into improving LOS processing in the future.

Return to “Tech Support”