Why can't board train ?

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
nukkxx5058

Why can't board train ?

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Can't figure out [&:] Thank you.

Attachments
20190105.._10_1941.jpg
20190105.._10_1941.jpg (98.41 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
LLv34_Snefens

RE: Why can't board train ?

Post by LLv34_Snefens »

You can only board trains with units that haven't yet moved this turn (started on the rail line). You have used 1 of your 14 movement points.
Stefan O. Kristensen
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: LLv34_Snefens

You can only board trains with units that haven't yet moved this turn (started on the rail line). You have used 1 of your 14 movement points.
Nope. I decided to move where I am (1 point used) because I thought that I maybe need to be in a city to be able to board. I was on the hex on the right of where I am with 14 MP and couldn't board.
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
JapLance

Post by JapLance »

Exhausted or non-existant rail transport capacity perhaps?
Greetings from Spain.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: JapLance

Exhausted or non-existant rail transport capacity perhaps?
And how can I check this ? This unit is a fresh reincorcemnt.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Look at your 'situation briefing' to see what your rail capacity is. Look at your 'unit info' to see what the weight of the unit is. If you've moved other units by rail that turn, you may no longer have enough capacity left compared to the weight of the unit you want to transport.

In that case you must wait until the other units have gotten off their trains.

nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Look at your 'situation briefing' to see what your rail capacity is. Look at your 'unit info' to see what the weight of the unit is. If you've moved other units by rail that turn, you may no longer have enough capacity left compared to the weight of the unit you want to transport.

Cool ! Thanks. Must be the case, makes sense (can't check right now because it's PBEM and the turn is away).
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

I confirm this was the problem and the solution ! Now I understand rail transport ;-)
Thanks again ! [:)]
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Also, note that if a unit is Transport Capable then you will see the blue circled icon, and if you mouse over the icon the Info Bar at the bottom of the screen will display the Required/Available.

If you use the original UI, this ability has been crippled and no longer works.

Attachments
Beta275.jpg
Beta275.jpg (121.92 KiB) Viewed 77 times
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

What UI mod are you using ?
Is your map the original or a mod ?

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”