Question re Japan/Germany trade agreement

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

FonjoFarley

Question re Japan/Germany trade agreement

Post by FonjoFarley »

Hi,

I'm trying to ship resources through the Persian Gulf from Japan to Germany, having set up a trade agreement last turn. I was hoping that I'd be permitted to route it through a neutral Iraq and Turkey but apparently not as it doesn't seem to work. Sorry if it's a silly question. I've never had surplus Japanese resources before! There are no Soviets in the Black Sea.

Cheers and happy new year
Centuur

RE: Question re Japan/Germany trade agreement

Post by Centuur »

Did you notice that the railroad from Iraq through Turkey has a hex in Syria in it? If that hex isn't Axis controlled, the resources cannot be transported that way...
Peter
ashkpa

Post by ashkpa »

[edited out, since it was wrong. Orm was correct I had it mixed up in my head]

I am in error. Sorry for the confusion.
Pat
FonjoFarley

Post by FonjoFarley »

Ah thank you for that. No I hadn't noticed that hex.

Ref the straits - I'd seen the bit about "each resource cannot cross more than 1 straits hexside" (13.6.1) which I think is slightly different to the rule you mention. Makes sense there's a limitation though.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: ashkpa

You are also restricted to one resource be sent over a strait. In this case the pertinent strait is the Bosporus Strait in Turkey.
There is no such restriction on the numbers of resources transported across a straits. I think you mix it up with the rule for railing units across straits.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Any number of resources can cross a strait but each resource may only cross one strait. That's why the Swedish resources cannot rail through Denmark to Germany.

Not sure if this is pertinent, but resources can only go overseas once. ("overseas" does not include crossing a strait)
Paul

Return to “World in Flames”