Clear as Mud

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
Rasputitsa

Clear as Mud

Post by Rasputitsa »

In the game, when it has been raining for several days the roads will become muddy and this will affect all movement. When the rain stops it may take several days for the roads to become clear again.

The rain affects combat immediately and for each turn that it rains, but the movement effects are delayed.

The CHEMKID map mod was intended as an antique map (matching the original game terrain features) and not specifically a weather map, but in the game system it does change shade when the roads have become muddy. This change is subtle and I missed the change for several game turns in the scenario that I am now playing. My excuse is that, in the last game, the weather stayed mainly clear and the map didn't change, which shows the variability in replays of scenarios.

Here are the two maps for weather changes :

So the moral is 'look at the map', all the information is there, but it is something that I have to keep re-learning, as I just don't take the time to really look.

There is so much in this game which it is easy to miss if you don't take the time.
Attachments
MudClearreduced.jpg
MudClearreduced.jpg (191.64 KiB) Viewed 70 times
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”