Anglo-Indian Commander Ability

Birth of America 2: Wars in America is the much expanded reprise of veteran developer AGEOD’s acclaimed first release, which allows players to command either side of the conflicts before, during and after the American War for Independence between 1636 and 1815. Apart from the engaging turn-based strategy play that has been expanded and vastly improved over the original, Birth of America 2: Wars in America includes major new features like an improved and expanded map including the Mississippi River, new European off-map boxes (France, Great Britain, Spain, Holland) and more.
w_michael

Anglo-Indian Commander Ability

Post by w_michael »

In the Pequot Wars scenario, I have a British leader with the Anglo-Indian Commander special ability, but it is not defined in the manual. What are the characteristics?
loki100

RE: Anglo-Indian Commander Ability

Post by loki100 »

Usually if you add Indians to a stack with a normal commander they come at a horrible command point cost and, if I recall properly, some hit on their abilities. The last bit maybe wrong but in effect they are very likely to put your stack over the CP and once you do this it starts to move more slowly and fight worse.

So the anglo-indian commander can lead both both British and Indian units with no extra malus.

You'll find a lot of these scattered around the game. Some commanders have a geographical trait (Canadian is one) that means they are less effective out of their own region, others have nationality limits or extensions.

In general in WiA, traits are often more important than the raw scores. Someone with the fast mover and a supply reduction trait is just the person to get a group of regulars safely across one of the sectors were roads are poor (up/down Lake Camplain is a good eg in the French and Indian Wars scenario).

A couple of old (but I think pretty good) AARs that might help orientate you are:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... ar.545321/

and

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... 12.575024/

My opponent does an excellent job explaining the game and I do an excellent job being totally inept

w_michael

RE: Anglo-Indian Commander Ability

Post by w_michael »

Thanks for the links. I'm new to AGEOD games, so there is a bit of a learning curve for me. I live in the Niagara region now, and used to live in Montreal, so I know the northern frontier very well from Lake Champlain to Lake Erie. I have a friend who is also interested, so we will be playing a few PMEM games.

EDIT: I'm half way through the first AAR, and it is excellent. I've been making notes in the PDF manual, correcting errors and omissions.

Return to “Birth of America 2: Wars in America”