Neautality Pacts

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ssiviour

Neautality Pacts

Post by ssiviour »

I was just reading through the Players Manual, looking for something else, when I came across 7.7.4 Creation and Renewal of Neautrality Pacts which referred onto 8.7.1.13 with a decription of the forms used to manages the pacts.

It basically suggests that something like a Japanese/ Russian Pact can be created at any time during a sub phase of the DOW Phase and manged by mechanics within the game. Thus managed formerly within a game, and enforceable by the game, not by some house rule.

It refers to Rules as Coded but I am guessing these are actually yet to be coded for any powers other than Germany and Russia. Is this correct?

paulderynck

RE: Neautality Pacts

Post by paulderynck »

Yes, correct. Many would like to see it for JP-USSR, but in the original rules you could agree on a Pact with any Power and set conditions almost without limit. That part is not programmable because there are just too many possibilities. Mind you, the pact chits could perhaps be programmed to work between any powers, but even that would be a significant alteration to the code.
Paul

Return to “World in Flames”