Some suggestions

From the dawn of history to the Roman Civil Wars, from Iberia to Cyprus, revive the ancient naval battles of the Mediterranean
BRG

Some suggestions

Post by BRG »

My two cents worth:
1. Better AI. (The bane of most/all computer games. Interestingly, chess at all but the highest levels, is now dominated by computers. So maybe there is hope for wargame AI)

2. From latest research, these vessels did not sink, even with gaping holes thru the hull. They were known to float around as flotsam for months and finally break apart before sinking.

3. Ram speed was probably not fastest speed, as you didn't want to bury your ship deep in the enemy vessel. Even a smaller vessel, with all its mass energy focused on the relatively small ram, would bash thru the hull fairly easily. The trick is to use ramming speed to avoid being hit, or to set up the enemy vessel to be rammed. Then it's oars out of the water and pulled back, and prepare for collision. So, more difficult to ram, but when successful, almost always sinks the rammed ship.

4. Some control of missile fire: focus on one target, etc.

5. The above assumes, of course, that there is still some interest in this game.

All the best
Bruce
JC_von_Preussen

RE: Some suggestions

Post by JC_von_Preussen »

Hey there, I'm very happy with the game so far.

I would like to suggest this :

- Add the possibility to rewatch the entire battle replay in one run after the end of battle. I would love it. Thx.

Return to “Mare Nostrvm”