noob question

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

jjdenver

noob question

Post by jjdenver »

At the beginning of "A Time to Dance" playing as NATO I try to move a humvee Recce section but the vehicle moves and the Cavalry Scout section stays behind - in other words the men don't move with the vehicles. How can I force the guys to go with the vehicles instead of staying behind?

Thanks
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
CapnDarwin

RE: noob question

Post by CapnDarwin »

The attached troops always stay with the vehicles. There is no separate counter for unloaded troops. The counter switches form the vehicle icon to a NATO troop icon when unloaded. At the start of the scenario you have three humvees and one M3 platoon. If you select it to move, it should change from recon troop to the Bradley icon . Hope that helps.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

Thanks. I thought the unit on the map in blue was a section left behind but now I see it's a scout section. But it doesn't look like a vehicle silhouette. Is that guys on the ground or Bradleys + guys on the ground? If I move that unit will be Bradleys go with them or will they strike out on foot?

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (247.1 KiB) Viewed 127 times
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

The counter represents a unit of two M3 Bradleys with their scouts. The infantry icon indicates that the scouts are currently dismounted from their M3 Bradleys. As soon as you give them a move order (Further than at least a hex), the icon should change to a Bradley, and the unit will move as fast as, well, a unit of Bradleys.
KungPao

Post by KungPao »

The issue you experienced might be the order delay. It will take some time (between several minutes to more than half hour) for units to execute your order.

Another explianation to your issue is the setting of dismount range. If you issued an assault/move delibrate order not far away from the Cavalry Scout, then set the Cavalry Scout to dismount at max range 4, you will see the Cavalry Scout move on foot

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”