Thank you Koios for this fantastic game

A turn-based, simultaneous-play wargame with a classic 3D miniatures feel and a two non-linear historical campaigns.
GiveWarAchance

Thank you Koios for this fantastic game

Post by GiveWarAchance »

This fun Tin Soldiers game is really good. I love the miniatures look but the best thing is the powerful AI that consistently chops down my army much more often than I win. I have to replay each battle at least a few times before I can win on normal difficulty. It's actually quite hard even though I command the brutal Roman legions infamous for slaughtering all those who resist their regime.

Both the Germans and Gauls put up a very hard challenge cause they have fairly strong units and a lot of troops. You always have to think ahead to avoid enemy troops flanking or getting behind your troops which the AI opponent is very clever at doing so you can't rely on a simple push forward in a line despite the temptation to do that so putting units in reserve behind the line is vital cause flank attacks are devastating.

And the Alexander Tin Soldier game is just as good and very fun with exotic units and locations giving a lot of variety each battle. This game is similar in rules & gameplay to Field of Glory 2 (and most probably inspired it) except this game looks and sounds different with the miniatures grinding their way across the battleground like a large stone being dragged and I think this AI is stronger cause it seems to play like a good human player.
GiveWarAchance

RE: Thank you Koios for this fantastic game

Post by GiveWarAchance »

This game also has a really cool card system so you can buy cards and play them on units to give them bonuses like extra defense, attack, missile damage, morale or health boost or you can mess up enemy units with cards too. But buying cards reduces your money for refitting & deploying units so they are kind of luxury items so if you suffer heavy losses you can't really afford to buy cards.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

They are great games. I had rather hoped for a Hannibal one to 'complete the set' as it were. Sadly, it was not to be.
A Sharif
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Oh ya! A Hannibal campaign using this nice game style would be great. He had many types of units so it would be interesting.

Return to “Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar”