SSG games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

HudsonGame

RE: SSG games

Post by HudsonGame »

My favorite SSG game was Europe Ablaze. The thing I liked about all the SSG games was the ability to create your own scenarios (including adding new units and aircraft types).

Attachments
EUROPE ABLAZEa.jpg
EUROPE ABLAZEa.jpg (30.28 KiB) Viewed 110 times
EUROPEABLAZE.jpg
EUROPEABLAZE.jpg (86.8 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: HudsonGame

My favorite SSG game was Europe Ablaze....

That was in 1985. How time flies!
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Rick, I still have a bunch of those RUN 5 magazines. I liked the Europe Ablaze picture. I used to type in all the stuff as well
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

ORIGINAL: Rick

ORIGINAL: rommel222

Greetings Capitaine,
Stalingrad scenario map for Battlefront
tm.asp?m=1813805

It is interesting to note that the original Battlefront (Commodore C-64 for me) came with Stalingrad scenario with Novorossik as a add on.
Matrixgames/SSG version is reversed.
I owned all the SSG C-64 titles and had all the Run5 magazines and typed in all the free scenario data they provided in each issue.
Run5 link to all downloadable issues: (it is a blast from the past to read the adds for the games)[:)]
http://roger-keating.squarespace.com/run5-magazine/

The Civil War games were great as well as The War in the East 1941-1945

Thanks Rick. That is indeed a very attractive map. A shame no one could fashion an AI for it. That would be a good project for SSG to work on, if they're inclined.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I asked Rodger about an AI..seems it's a lot more complicated than appears so sadly doesn't look feasible.
Eambar

Post by Eambar »

Still have them all loaded, some don't play too well under W10 though. I fire them up for old times sake...still some of the best operational level wargames ever made.

There were also some excellent user made scenarios - Fall Gelb/Rotfor BiI (I think) and a Prokhorovka scenario (using Battlefront...again I think) are among the best.

The community was quite active between about 2003-2010 with a number of tournaments and multi-player games but interest waned considerably.

Cheers
Pvt_Grunt

Post by Pvt_Grunt »

Battles in Italy was my favorite. I started with Battlefront but liked the older version more. There are lots of user made scenarios HERE but a minority have AI for single player.
Fall Gelb (France 1940) was my favorite mod, it is as good as a professional release [&o]
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

Budd the Stalingrad scenario ive just downloaded,now i know its PBEM only and i didnt see this beforehand!Time to find some opponents as ive just bought my first ever two SSG titles and plan on buying a couple more before the months out.I hope all the community made scenarios out there dont all turn out to be PBEM only.Fingers crossed.If anyone wants to challenge me to any of these SSG games Kharkov and Battlefront pm me and ill accept.
somdude

Post by somdude »

Fall Gelb (France 1940) was my favorite mod, it is as good as a professional release

[&o]
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

The best games. And easy to play
RobS61

Post by RobS61 »

I don't see the point or the attraction of that Stalingrad map. It's just a map with an overlaid hex grid, without any delineation of individual hex terrain types. As such,it seems impossible to tell what type of terrain many hexes represent.
Bill Gates Cured My Stage 4 Hemorrhoids

Return to “General Discussion”