Barbarossa Combat

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

zed1949

Barbarossa Combat

Post by zed1949 »

Newbie using Barbarossa to learn the game. Seem to have reached an impasse and I'm not sure if it's me or a glitch, though I suspect that the odds probably lean towards me.

After setting up both sides, I've attempted tp work through the first German impulse. I believe the Sequence of Play has worked until I get to the Combat Resolution phase. It's at this point that nothing further happens. The Sequence of Play Table indicates that the next step is to choose Assault or Blitz Combat, but no such table drops down. Many times I've tried to get beyond this point without success. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Have looked through the game manuals and tutorials and if the answer is there, I've missed it.

So, I'm left with a German combat in need of a CRT result. Or, is there a bug that keeps biting me?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Majorball68

RE: Barbarossa Combat

Post by Majorball68 »

If you have actually nominated some attacks during the 'Land Combat Declaration' phase then you should get to something like this image which is the 'Land Combat selection and resolution'. Pick which battle you want to resolve and in the case of the example shown I am selecting the Brussels attack. Then select the 'Combat Chose' button. From here you can choose either Blitz or Assault. Usually the color will change as to who has the choice ie Germans it will be grey, french it would change to blue as shown in the second screenshot.

Attachments
CRT.jpg
CRT.jpg (243.91 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Majorball68

Post by Majorball68 »

If you are not seeing this show me what you are seeing.

Attachments
CRT2.jpg
CRT2.jpg (229.61 KiB) Viewed 212 times
zed1949

Post by zed1949 »

Majorball68,

I don't see the screen shots you're posting. However, looking at the Main Form Window in both your examples, that's exactly what I have on the screen and I am unable to proceed onto the Land Combat Subphase Sequence Window. The Map Form Windows that appear inside your sequence windows are identical to the combat that I am attempting to complete. The combat is German units attacking from three adjacent hexes after ground support has been completed. This combat picture includes the orange/yellow arrows from the German units to the Russian unit as well as the flame inside the Russian unit (assume this flame represents ground support damage). When I return the aircraft to their airbases, I'm left with the Main Form window screen shot that appears in both your examples. It's at this point I can go no farther.

My attempts to troubleshoot the problem have all ended as described above. I've wondered if I have overlooked a step or proceeded incorrectly? Your first sentence may provide a clue for me to investigate and I'll check out, "if you actually nominated some attacks during the Land combat Declaration phase."

Thank you for replying. I certainly appreciate your help.

Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

I suggest that you compress your game and a attach it to an explanatory post in the tech support thread.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: zed1949

Majorball68,

I don't see the screen shots you're posting. However, looking at the Main Form Window in both your examples, that's exactly what I have on the screen and I am unable to proceed onto the Land Combat Subphase Sequence Window. The Map Form Windows that appear inside your sequence windows are identical to the combat that I am attempting to complete. The combat is German units attacking from three adjacent hexes after ground support has been completed. This combat picture includes the orange/yellow arrows from the German units to the Russian unit as well as the flame inside the Russian unit (assume this flame represents ground support damage). When I return the aircraft to their airbases, I'm left with the Main Form window screen shot that appears in both your examples. It's at this point I can go no farther.

My attempts to troubleshoot the problem have all ended as described above. I've wondered if I have overlooked a step or proceeded incorrectly? Your first sentence may provide a clue for me to investigate and I'll check out, "if you actually nominated some attacks during the Land combat Declaration phase."

Thank you for replying. I certainly appreciate your help.

Could it be that you are not advancing the phase of the game? See the little button just to the bottom right of the "Zoom" slider? If it is green or flashing green (per a user interface choice) then you can click on it to advance the phase to combat resolution. If it is not green then something remains to be done to complete the phase you are in. Perhaps there's another plane to be returned to base somewhere.

The suggestion to zip your game and post it here is a good one as others can check what is going on.
Paul
zed1949

Post by zed1949 »

Majortball68, Courtney, Paulderynuk,

I think I found a solution. Have a two monitor setup and was using only one monitor. Decided to try using two monitors. Moved the different windows, except the game map window to the second monitor. Then I restarted a saved game from the ground support phase. After returning aircraft to their airbase I pressed the advance phase circle and the Land Selection Subphase Sequence window appeared. Now I can continue.

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Al

Return to “The War Room”