Scenario: Beyond Kashmir 2019

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Roby7979

Scenario: Beyond Kashmir 2019

Post by Roby7979 »

Situation:
The tension between India and Pakistan does not seem to diminish.In addition to New Delhi missile tests of this beginning of the year there are fire fights along the border between the two States (both nuclear powers) running in the disputed region of Kashmir.

TRAILER
https://youtu.be/hxESaStwqgE

Download Steam
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1917068046

Steam Guide [Italian]
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1572766669

UPDATE 1 (12.01.2018)
UPDATE 2 (12.08.2018)
UPDATE 3 (12.21.2018)
***UPDATE 4 (12.11.2019)***
Attachments
Beyond Kashmir,2019.zip
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
AceOfSpadeszzzzzz

RE: Scenario: Beyond Kashmir 2019

Post by AceOfSpadeszzzzzz »

Hello just took a look at this.
Reagan does not carry F18A+.
MQ-4C is not carrier capable.
And the DB version u are using is really a little bit outdated...
Maybe SH-60 should be replaced by MH-60 instead..? Not quite sure about this.:/
That's all so far. Appreciate your work!
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

Yes,F-18F and E, MH-60 but i like f-18A+ and SH[:D]
Thank you for advising,i Will update DB version [:)]

Attachments
1234.jpg
1234.jpg (432.36 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Andrea G

Post by Andrea G »

Ciao Roby,

I found another submersible Radar [:D]

The one nearest to the Iran border is placed under water, so is taregettable only with torpedoes.
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

UPDATE 1 (12.01.2018)
- Fixed coast radar
- Modified load CVN76

Attachments
giusta.jpg
giusta.jpg (233.04 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

I have an unidentified sub, are there any notes about what is in the area? can I assume it belongs to the enemy? any merchants/neutrals to look out for?

What about Iran and India? can I overfly India? is Iran a threat? seems like India would be fine with it but Iran would not.

Looking at the Shamsi nuclear site, what is the target? it is an airbase I think. Is there a specific target to hit the nukes? All 3 of the nuclear sites in the middle look like they are a single unit airfield combined with an air base.

I think the ships in the 2 carrier groups are really far apart (50-60 miles), and they were not on station at the beginning so they are going in the opposite direction of where I sent the carriers trying to get to station. This caused a problem when I saw a sub 50 miles away but wasn't too worried about it as I didn't realize it was right on one of the ships in the group.

There is neutral AC in the scen, I would mention that.

i like it so far, but restarting to group the ships the way I like them. Kinda too bad cause I already know some of what is coming.
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

It wasn't clear what the targets were, I saw that some of them popped up - for the nuclear sites, but on the ammo ones on the coast I was bombing the crap out of some ammo bunkers at an air base. In looking at the other side I see that was not what I was supposed to be doing. Your briefing does say to Find and Destroy them, but still would be nice to know that you will know what they are once you see them.

I would mention that the actual targets are marked as targets.

It looks like the way the trigger for destroying an ammo bunkers works, I would have gotten credit for destroying the ammo bunkers on the air bases. Not sure you want that, you may want to name the targets uniquely so you can control that better.

Overall I like it, it is an interesting amount of somewhat limited power you get, with a not particularly powerful opponent. Apparently SDBs aren't the best for attacking ammo bunkers. I'll have to work on that.

I like the scoring, very results oriented, doesn't really matter how many non target buildings I destroy. One thing I was thinking that probably can't be done with this large of an area is that maybe there should be a time limit once you start attacking - maybe the pakis would use the nukes within 12 hours of your first attack rather than lose them all. Maybe if the farther away targets were a little closer it could be done.
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

ORIGINAL: Whicker

I have an unidentified sub, are there any notes about what is in the area? can I assume it belongs to the enemy? any merchants/neutrals to look out for?

What about Iran and India? can I overfly India? is Iran a threat? seems like India would be fine with it but Iran would not.

Looking at the Shamsi nuclear site, what is the target? it is an airbase I think. Is there a specific target to hit the nukes? All 3 of the nuclear sites in the middle look like they are a single unit airfield combined with an air base.

I think the ships in the 2 carrier groups are really far apart (50-60 miles), and they were not on station at the beginning so they are going in the opposite direction of where I sent the carriers trying to get to station. This caused a problem when I saw a sub 50 miles away but wasn't too worried about it as I didn't realize it was right on one of the ships in the group.

There is neutral AC in the scen, I would mention that.

i like it so far, but restarting to group the ships the way I like them. Kinda too bad cause I already know some of what is coming.

Hi Whicker
Adding notes about iran is a good idea, as far as india is concerned by reading the description it is almost obvious that she is a friend .. but you're right I can add a note about her too..for sure areas with no "nofly zone" can be overfly,Nuclear complex are near airports and are all referred to as "TARGET",the ships that belong to the groups have a distance of about 5 miles in the Nimitz group and 8 miles in the Reagan group what do you mean 60 miles?

ORIGINAL: Whicker

It wasn't clear what the targets were, I saw that some of them popped up - for the nuclear sites, but on the ammo ones on the coast I was bombing the crap out of some ammo bunkers at an air base. In looking at the other side I see that was not what I was supposed to be doing. Your briefing does say to Find and Destroy them, but still would be nice to know that you will know what they are once you see them.

I would mention that the actual targets are marked as targets.

It looks like the way the trigger for destroying an ammo bunkers works, I would have gotten credit for destroying the ammo bunkers on the air bases. Not sure you want that, you may want to name the targets uniquely so you can control that better.

Overall I like it, it is an interesting amount of somewhat limited power you get, with a not particularly powerful opponent. Apparently SDBs aren't the best for attacking ammo bunkers. I'll have to work on that.

I like the scoring, very results oriented, doesn't really matter how many non target buildings I destroy. One thing I was thinking that probably can't be done with this large of an area is that maybe there should be a time limit once you start attacking - maybe the pakis would use the nukes within 12 hours of your first attack rather than lose them all. Maybe if the farther away targets were a little closer it could be done.

The targets are hidden and described in approximate areas on purpose.. marked with the name "TARGET" but you reminded me that I could assign a message to each primary target destroyed..
it would be clearer,and your idea of ​​setting a time limit before Pakistan uses nuclear could make the scenario more interesting!

the objectives far north, you have to try to make your way and gain air space using at the best to refuel in flight with the KC-46A

I've made a guide but it's in Italian, if you want to use the translator you can find it here
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1572766669

thanks for your suggestions [:)]

Selchu

Post by Selchu »

Just had a brief look and have to say I am looking forward to this one.
1 question I did have is this:
Both carrier groups only appear to have about 30 aircraft per group? Surely if they were being sent to strike targets they would have sailed with their full air wings?
Also the Nimitz group only has the Zumwalt and one of the Independence class with her. Neither of these are dedicated air defence ships. Would she not have sailed with her usual strike group?

Ok so 2 questions actually ;)
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

ORIGINAL: Selchu

Just had a brief look and have to say I am looking forward to this one.
1 question I did have is this:
Both carrier groups only appear to have about 30 aircraft per group? Surely if they were being sent to strike targets they would have sailed with their full air wings?
Also the Nimitz group only has the Zumwalt and one of the Independence class with her. Neither of these are dedicated air defence ships. Would she not have sailed with her usual strike group?

Ok so 2 questions actually ;)

For a better balance of the scenario I had to reduce the number of planes in the carriers and the AA defenses of the naval group, but i can implement the threat and change the units available.
thanks for your suggestions[;)]
Whicker

Post by Whicker »

if you start the scen and then go to unit view and click on the ships you will see their set station which is 50-60 miles away. They do start close to the carriers, but they head to their station, give them a couple hours and they will be 50 miles away.

I think part of my confusion is that the nuke sites and the air bases share the same names. I find that confusing. If you go look for Shamsi, it is 2 air bases so I assume that is the target. It would be more clear if they were named different but then said to be near those bases.

Same thing for the ammo sites, one is called Masroor on the map, that is also an air base, and it has ammo bunkers so that is what I bombed the crap out of.

Your scen description is awesome, love the map.

As for India, I asked as they are set to neutral not friendly. Not sure if they would be happy or aware if I over flew them.

The unit composition is a little odd - not many AC on the carriers and not much asw, but I think it is good for balance.
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

ah you talk about the set station ok [:)]
Add some more detail about the objectives and India to the brief will be much better and clear.
Selchu

Post by Selchu »

When will the updated file be released?
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

this weekend
Selchu

Post by Selchu »

WOOHOO!

Sorry didn't mean to seem pushy.
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

No problem, if the people give me good ideas to improve the scenario I'm very happy to update as soon as posible [:)]
let's see if there are any other suggestions or bug found
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

UPDATE 2 (12.08.2019)
- Decreased the distance between the ships in the groups
- Added note about Iraq and India
- Improved find Targets
- Add more details in brief.
- Add messages for ammo bunker and nuclear complex destroy
- Add numbers at obj's

enjoy! [:)]

Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

UPDATE 3 (12.21.2018)
- Addition of playable side pakistan
- Improved aircrafts side pakistan and usa
- improved score

not fully tested the Pakistan side,if you find errors or improvements to be made, write me here, thank you
Selchu

Post by Selchu »

Hey dude.
Just downloaded the file above and it doesn't seem to have updated at all. Pakistan isn't on the playable list now.

Happy Christmas btw
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

ORIGINAL: Selchu

Hey dude.
Just downloaded the file above and it doesn't seem to have updated at all. Pakistan isn't on the playable list now.

Happy Christmas btw

You're right[X(] I put the wrong file... sorry

It is now updated[:)]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”