JTS Panzer Campaigns France 40 Gold Upgrade

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

rommel222

JTS Panzer Campaigns France 40 Gold Upgrade

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,
JTS Panzer Campaign France 40 Gold upgrade released today:
http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panze ... nce40.html

Wargame Design Studio description
https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/201 ... present-3/
operating

RE: JTS Panzer Campaigns France 40 Gold Upgrade

Post by operating »

Every once in a while get into my HPS version of this game (France 1940 my favorite). Read about the changes here for gold, did not see any language about AI, always played it in SP, this game looks to be great in MP. Of course is my absolute favorite, was the original board version France 1940 by AH (Avalon Hill). The one thing I hated about these pc games was printing out the pdf manual.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings operating,
I remember Avalon Hill's France 1940 board game, among many other AH titles as young teenager.
As a social security card carrying old timer, I find that moving some units and letting the AI finish my turn provides enough fog of war to make up for mediocre to poor AI. I also find playing hot seat, with my declining memory, gives a decent contest.

I am looking forward to JTS Market Garden 44, Salerno 43 & Sicily 43 with fewer units for a better AI performance from Wargame Design Studio.
In the meantime, I still fire up Matrixgames John Tiller's Campaign Series and always use extreme fog of war setting.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Glad to see the continued support for John's games.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

I actually found AH France 1940 in an antique store a couple years ago for $30. I bought it, thats compulsory, but never played it.
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Yes, I have to get my France upgraded
Mysterian

Post by Mysterian »

Your going to see a lot of battles added in this upgrade that aren't covered anywhere else to my knowledge. Many early battles that took place in Belgium and the Netherlands
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I think their upgrade strategy is a good move. But I had no idea they added new battles as well.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Great new map!!! The Gold version is much bigger than the old one. That is why new battles were added.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
JTP

Post by JTP »

I wish the "upgrade" was one to change the scale to division as the smallest unit. Battalion/company in an operational setting makes for an absurd number of units that make the campaigns depicted virtually unplayable.
Wishful thinking I know.
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

ORIGINAL: JTP

I wish the "upgrade" was one to change the scale to division as the smallest unit. Battalion/company in an operational setting makes for an absurd number of units that make the campaigns depicted virtually unplayable.
Wishful thinking I know.
Panzer Campaigns have a set scale, and uniform rules. No title is a "one off" design.
JTP

Post by JTP »

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

ORIGINAL: JTP

Wishful thinking I know.
Panzer Campaigns have a set scale, and uniform rules. No title is a "one off" design.

I know; hence my comment about the unit size used being inappropriate for the actions depicted. Tactical scale depicting an operational/strategic battle equals to many units and to much carpal tunnel syndrome.
Infierno

Post by Infierno »

I much prefer the tactical scale battles on the JTS engine (i.e. Squad Battles), but I'll still gladly support them and buy the France '40 upgrade.
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Game looks great - still some AI problems. During the first night a fairly small confederate cav unit comes right up to my lines at cemetery hill. Whose with it? Robert E Lee. Attacks on union lines went on all night long, a unit or two at a time.

Still the Gold version well worth updating to.

Oops this thread about France 1940 not Gettysburg Gold update.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

Return to “General Discussion”