Japan to get Aircraft carriers since WW2

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

oaltinyay

Japan to get Aircraft carriers since WW2

Post by oaltinyay »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l-facebook

I wonder what will be their names.

Also, this "DDGH" designation seems to me very much like the way Japan built those CLs and later modified them to carry 8 inch guns.
Buckrock

RE: Japan to get Aircraft carriers since WW2

Post by Buckrock »

The plan is just to modify the two existing helo-carrier/DDs of the Izumo Class to operate F-35Bs. The class name and the individual ship names won't change. One of them already has the name of a WWII IJN CV anyway.
This was the only sig line I could think of.
Hrafnagud

Post by Hrafnagud »

The Izumo class was designed from the very beginning with the idea of eventually operating STOVL fixed-wing aircraft. All they need to do is add a ski-ramp and reinforce the deck.
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

I'd find a better source than the Daily Fail if you want some insight into the subject.
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

totally aggree , it just came up. I generally subscribe to the third page beauties.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Hrafnagud

The Izumo class was designed from the very beginning with the idea of eventually operating STOVL fixed-wing aircraft. All they need to do is add a ski-ramp and reinforce the deck.

Yes, "all they need to do" - those are massive undertakings. For the deck, IIRC it's not just a matter of reinforcing - they would need to completely replace the entire deck.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: mind_messing

I'd find a better source than the Daily Fail if you want some insight into the subject.

OT here, I've been avoiding the DM mostly, but how do you feel about the Guardian?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”