Newbie question

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tonyscrase

Newbie question

Post by tonyscrase »

I am getting confused as to what weapons per salvo and shooters per salvo means

THANK YOU
Cik

RE: Newbie question

Post by Cik »

weapons per salvo "how many weapons per target i will fire until i cease fire to wait for the results of the shot" if it's two he will fire, fire, wait until hit/miss, fire fire wait until hit/miss etc. until either the target is dead or he is dead.

shooters per salvo is how many units can contribute to the salvo requirement. if you have 2 AMRAAMs against a 3rd gen fighter contact and 2 shooters per salvo, up to 2 F-16s could contribute to fire against that target (f-16 #1 fires 1 missile and f-16 #2 fires one missile) they both would then wait until the missiles impact or not and then fire again. shooters per salvo does not REQUIRE that many shooters though, it only allows them to pool their fire. often you will still get f-16 #1 firing both as he's able to and does before anyone else gets weapons on target.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Tiramisu

Post by Tiramisu »

I have used 1 rounds for the "weapon per salvo" setting of SLAM weapons. It worked, but during the arrival time of a single SLAM my aircraft was flying towards the SAM-target and then it was shot down.
So is there a way to set the minimum safety distance to certain targets? I do not want my aircrafts to fly to close to SAMs or hostile fighters, unless I control them manually.
Cik

Post by Cik »

set up your targets and WRA such that the aircraft releases it's weapons from max range and then RTBs.

there is no range holding mechanic at this time, it's up to you to either manually input it or set it up so that it maintains standoff.
Tiramisu

Post by Tiramisu »

I am not sure how to set this RTB-option.
Are there other possibilities for a workaround? Maybe some Lua-script? I have tried to simply put a no-navigation zone around SAMs, but then my aircraft will not attack them, even when the no-nav-zone would allow them to get close enough to fire their weapon.
SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

A LUA script would just make things more complicated.

Under the doctrine menu, on the "General" menu in the "Air Ops" section, there's a setting for "Weapons State, Pre-Planned." That defines when you want your airplanes to return to base on account of their weapons expenditures. By default that's set in the loadout, but you have the option to customize it there. Below that is the "Weapons State, RTB" which describes the aircraft group's behavior when the above weapon state is reached.
ORIGINAL: Tiramisu

I am not sure how to set this RTB-option.
Are there other possibilities for a workaround? Maybe some Lua-script? I have tried to simply put a no-navigation zone around SAMs, but then my aircraft will not attack them, even when the no-nav-zone would allow them to get close enough to fire their weapon.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”