Fall Weiss II - WIE 14.0 - (Ready for Download)

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Frenetico

RE: Fall Weiss II

Post by Frenetico »

Hi Crispy131313...
And now...One mod for Strategic Command WWII: World at War?
[;)][;)][8D][;)][;)]
PORQUE ESCRITO ESTÁ, MÍA ES LA VENGANZA...
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Does anyone know - can I use the boardgame map mod with this scenario? Thanks.
Frenetico

Post by Frenetico »

Phoenix...
Yes...I have both...
PORQUE ESCRITO ESTÁ, MÍA ES LA VENGANZA...
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

I have a question regarding Spain. There are many decision events that would move Spain closer to the Axis camp. Will they eventually bring Spain to war or is it still necessary to invest in the diplomacy, to gain the final pro Axis % ?

Also, is there any campaign guide or a list of the FWII decision events?
Lest we forget.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

In answer to the second question first, there is a strategy guide for every campaign and it can be accessed in-game from one of the buttons on the top right of the screen, as can the Manual itself.

As for Spain, some diplomacy by the Axis will almost certainly be needed, as DE 603 where Germany can entice Franco to enter the war will only fire if Spain has a pro-Axis leaning of 60% when Germany seizes Algiers and Rabat.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
nnason

Post by nnason »

All,
Try as I might as the Germans I have been unable to get Spain to 60% against a Brit who counters. Is this just bad luck on my part or is there some trick to getting Spain in the Axis camp?

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Hi Bill,

I think you're referring to the stock campaigns. I'm playing Fall Weiss II and there are some new events. The diplomacy chits are supposed to have smaller impact too. There's no campaign guide for this mod as far as I know. Currently I have Spain at 69% pro Axis leaning and I don't know if there'll be more events or should I start investing in the diplomacy.
Lest we forget.
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Another thing - in Fall Weiss - France is able to build a tank army from the very beginning of the war, much earlier than the other nations. Is this correct?

Similarly - USSR can build one tank army from the very start. Historically it was from 1942, also 6 of them were fielded during WW2.
Lest we forget.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: ivanov

Hi Bill,

I think you're referring to the stock campaigns. I'm playing Fall Weiss II and there are some new events. The diplomacy chits are supposed to have smaller impact too. There's no campaign guide for this mod as far as I know. Currently I have Spain at 69% pro Axis leaning and I don't know if there'll be more events or should I start investing in the diplomacy.

Ah of course, I opened up all the threads that had new posts and just read your question without realising it referred to Fall Weiss II. Sorry for misleading you there, and hopefully the designer or those more familiar with it will have an answer for you soon. [:)]
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I have a question regarding Spain. There are many decision events that would move Spain closer to the Axis camp. Will they eventually bring Spain to war or is it still necessary to invest in the diplomacy, to gain the final pro Axis % ?

Hi Ivanov, the events and diplomatic chits are meant to be used in unison, as much of the diplomatic events are. It will be very difficult to have Spain join the war with only chits, and most likely not possible with the events alone.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: nnason

All,
Try as I might as the Germans I have been unable to get Spain to 60% against a Brit who counters. Is this just bad luck on my part or is there some trick to getting Spain in the Axis camp?

It must be bad luck as there should always be a window between French surrender and USA joining where the Axis will be able to invest more then Britain alone.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Another thing - in Fall Weiss - France is able to build a tank army from the very beginning of the war, much earlier than the other nations. Is this correct?

Similarly - USSR can build one tank army from the very start. Historically it was from 1942, also 6 of them were fielded during WW2.

I'm not sure it is really an issue, as both nations had lots of tanks and the player will have to go out of their way to spend MPP for a different OOB.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

ivanov

Post by ivanov »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

Hi Ivanov, the events and diplomatic chits are meant to be used in unison, as much of the diplomatic events are. It will be very difficult to have Spain join the war with only chits, and most likely not possible with the events alone.

Thanks for the info. It's October 1940 in my game, Spain is around 70% pro Axis, I've just accepted the military aid to Spain event. Portugal is on the side of the British, so that helped a lot. I'm wondering if there'll be any adicional Spanish event? Is there any documentation, where I can find all the FWII event list?
Lest we forget.
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

I'm not sure it is really an issue, as both nations had lots of tanks and the player will have to go out of their way to spend MPP for a different OOB.

I'm just pointing this out for the historial reasons. The French had a lot of tanks, but didn't use them in mass as the Germans did. The Soviet had thousands of tanks, but they were able to field the first real tank army in 1942. Sure they had the massive ( and incomplete ) mechanized corps in 1941, however they were completely inefficient and evaporated during the first days of the fighting. When Soviets join the war, they are already automatically provided with those mechanized corps on the border. For those reasons, I would prefer to see the French tank armies locked until later years of the war and the six Soviet armies until 1942. They could receive some as free reinforcements. Of course that's only a suggestion for the realism sake.
Lest we forget.
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Double post
Lest we forget.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Thanks for the info. It's October 1940 in my game, Spain is around 70% pro Axis, I've just accepted the military aid to Spain event. Portugal is on the side of the British, so that helped a lot. I'm wondering if there'll be any additional Spanish event? Is there any documentation, where I can find all the FWII event list?

Sending military equipment to Spain is usually the final one, and that is why it is recommended to only accept if Spain is heavily leaning towards the Axis, as now you will have to rely on diplomacy. There are still a few decision events that can sway Spain up or down, including the acceptance of the Blue Division (post USSR war) and the UK DE of how to react if Spain send's the Blue Division to the Eastern Front but you are mainly rolling the dice now [8D]
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

ivanov

Post by ivanov »

Thanks for the info Crispy. For now my opponent threw the towel after the Germans managed to pull off successful landings in the UK. Now I have to convince him to continue the game, so I can bring Spain to the Axis camp ;)
Lest we forget.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

If you need an opponent for another game, I haven’t played for a few months and would be up for one.
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

ivanov

Post by ivanov »

If you need an opponent for another game, I haven’t played for a few months and would be up for one.

Sounds good! I'd prefer to play as the Allies, since last few games I played as Axis.
Lest we forget.
ThunderLizard11

Post by ThunderLizard11 »

Crispy - Any plans to build a mod for WaW?

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”