Amphibious Landings

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

goodwoodrw

Amphibious Landings

Post by goodwoodrw »

In the Husky scenario, can you change the landing target hexes. I've tried to do what it says in the manual with little success. can't change the locations
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

RE: Amphibious Landings

Post by goodwoodrw »

Finally got it to work, but pointless takes too long to recover points
Formerly Goodwood

Zebtucker12

Post by Zebtucker12 »

If you only change the target once you should be able to land the next turn.
Unless that is only in the grand campaign.
Stamb and Xhoel Fanboy. Red army choir enthusiadt
Multiplayer mod/Unoffical Wite2 discord https://discord.gg/S76cWmumGp
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

To make (or change) an invasion site you need to :

1) Stack an Amphib HQ, and the units that will be invading together in a port. Make sure the units have the support units you want because if you change it later, it will reduce the prep points.

2) Click on the stack. On the right hand panel, where the units are listed...click on the button below the counter image. In the Huskey scenario it will be labeled the hex cooridinate that it is going to invade.

3) It will as if you want to Set New Amphibious Target. Click Yes.

4) Hexes that are yellow are eligible hexes for invasion. RIGHT CLICK (not left click) the hex you want to invade. It will turn Red for the invasion hex, and the Blue is the sea hex you will be invading from.

Fun Facts: If you reset an invasion for a different hex, it halves the prep points already accumulated. EXCEPTION: First turn of any invasion scenarios. The points don't halve.

If you change the unit somehow..like add a support unit. It will reduce the prep points (but not halve...I think it reduces by 10)

You can only paradrop a maximum of 8 hexes from an insupply allied hex. EXCEPTION: You can paradrop adjacent to an invasion hex at the same moment of invading.

To launch an invasion, on the land phase...click the amphibious transport mode button (4th button over). Click on the stack....then hit the invade button next on the amphib.

To paradrop..click the air transport button next to the amphibous button...find the paratrooper and click Drop. It will immediatly drop if within 8 hexes..otherwise it will wait until the invasion and drop then.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
cfulbright

Post by cfulbright »

Goodwood,

I agree with you. If you change the landing hexes, you can't invade on Turn 1, you have to wait until Turn 2. And in my experience the Herman Goering Division boogies to Italy on Turn 1, as if it knew when D-Day was scheduled.

Cary
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Even later Cary coz you need more points to reduce the attrition I think
Formerly Goodwood

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”