Some minor glitches

Strategic Command WWII World at War Tech Support
JPFisher55

Some minor glitches

Post by JPFisher55 »

I've enjoyed playing this game. However, I have noticed some minor glitches.

1. The UK cannot base units in places like Australia and New Guinea. The should be able to do so since they were ruled by UK before the end of WWII.

2. The US cannot use the Panama Canal, it should be able to do so from the beginning.

3. The US cannot base units in the Philippines even though it was a US protectorate before the end of WWII.

4. Airplane units cannot be transported by ships, so I can't move them across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii and beyond from California.
Hubert Cater

RE: Some minor glitches

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi JPFisher55,

1) This is purposeful until these countries actually enter the war on the UK side against the Japanese.

2) This one is a bit tricky as Panama was neutral for the first years of the war:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_du ... rld_War_II

In fact, as this article shows, Panama was not only neutral but it was resistant to US pressure until October 1941. That being said we are considering alternatives but we have to balance out realism with game play balance here as well.

3) This is also intentional until Japan declares war on the Philippines. Part of this is to due to hindsight as it would allow a US player to load up units in the Philippines which may throw things off balance and could be argued against due to its isolationist stance at this time.

4) Right click on the unit and select Operate to move them to any available location such as Hawaii. Sufficient funds will of course be required.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

I understand your reasons for 1. and 2. I tried the operate command for aircraft, it does work, thanks. Panama may have been "neutral" (it still technically is), but if it denied access to the Panama Canal to US ships, then US marines would soon arrive to change its mind; i.e. Noriega.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Just to be clear the US 'owned' the canal area up until the 80s iirc. So Panama being neutral should have nothing to do with US ship movements of any kind.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

The Panama Canal Zone (Spanish: Zona del Canal de Panamá) was an unincorporated territory of the United States from 1903 to 1979, centered on the Panama Canal and surrounded by the Republic of Panama.[1] The zone consisted of the canal and an area generally extending five miles (8.0 km) on each side of the centerline, excluding Panama City and Colón, which otherwise would have been partly within the limits of the Zone.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

I've done some testing today and the only way that in-game the Panama Canal could be useable by the US before they enter the war would be for Panama to not have a separate identity but to instead be an integral part of the USA.

This would allow neutral US ships (but not other Allied ships) to pass through the Canal, though once the US enters the war then all Allies should be able to use the Canal.

I'll put this on my list of things to do as allowing use of the Canal is probably more important than having Panama represented in-game during the first few years of the war.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Return to “Tech Support”