China strategy v. AI

Moderator: Hubert Cater

wfzimmerman

China strategy v. AI

Post by wfzimmerman »

1) what are most important hexes to fortify?
2) how to respond when Japanese AI starts focusing on units and killing them one a time?
3) production ?
4) diplomacy?
Pocus

RE: China strategy v. AI

Post by Pocus »

1) the one on road, the Japs will want to advance along these axes.
2) replace losses [:D] Seriously you'll regularly lose units, you need to buy them back but you should prioritize replacing losses in on map unit. If there is no unit in a decent enough shape to inflict damages on an attacker in a given hex, fall back one hex.
3) mostly replacing losses, developing infantry and industry tech. If some spare, I like AA guns then artillery. Forget airplanes replacements, it is costly, and until the Japs can't devote all their strength against China, exchanging 2 losses (Chinese) vs 1 loss (Jap airplane) is not good for your economy and won't protect your troops from being bombed anyway
4) nothing, can't spare the money.
AGEOD Team
Xenocide

RE: China strategy v. AI

Post by Xenocide »

If you want to do Diplomacy buy it early in something the British will help with so their chits are the ones expended. I usually buy two diplomacy chits for the US during the first winter. Get two chits in Infantry Weapons early as well and maybe industry or mobility. Being able to upgrade to level one in Infantry Weapons in late '40 is a huge boon. As soon as you can upgrade make it a priority to switch units off the line to get upgraded. Once the road is closed you will probably only be able to rebuild units on the map each turn. Then just hold on until the Japanese cannot afford to concentrate on you any more.

One tactic I accidentally discovered is retreating from the area east of Communist China to goad the AI into activating it. I just cede the area and move the units and HQ there south. Use the ability to swap units to keep relatively fresh units on the front and to rebuild damaged ones. I find I rarely can afford to rebuild units let alone build new ones so try to avoid losing a unit. I also shift my HQs further south. Eventually you can get more help and even launch some offensives.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”