Mod freezing during the search/recon phase.

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Vipersp

Mod freezing during the search/recon phase.

Post by Vipersp »

Greetings fellow commanders;

I'm facing an odd problem..during a PBEM game the mod I am working on is freezing during the allied search/recon phase; I already checked twice the air oob and could not find any problem;
I also started a PBEM against myself placing Jap TFs quite in front CONUS west coast and all other major allied bases at India and DEI and set all planes that could perform NavSearch to do so and I faced no problem running the game till april 42;
But facing a beta tester the game is crashing around january 42;

Any idea about this behaviour?? any help will be appreciated;

Cheers,

Vipersp
Dili

RE: Mod freezing during the search/recon phase.

Post by Dili »

Do you see any feedback in windows event viewer application crash?
Vipersp

Post by Vipersp »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Nope, the OS simply freezes and I need to exit the windows session (log out) in order the OS works properly;
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Ground all planes and see if the behaviour changes. Then ask your opponent to ground all his planes and repeat. Then pinpoint problematic units. You know, the usual bug-searching drill

Also take note of what units arrived on the map this turn
Dili

Post by Dili »

ORIGINAL: Vipersp

Nope, the OS simply freezes and I need to exit the windows session (log out) in order the OS works properly;

What is in event viewer stays there either OS crash or not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vUOyxmU1o

It might point to a graphic problem for example and then you can update the drivers.

Vipersp

Post by Vipersp »

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Ground all planes and see if the behaviour changes. Then ask your opponent to ground all his planes and repeat. Then pinpoint problematic units. You know, the usual bug-searching drill

Also take note of what units arrived on the map this turn

Hi GetAssista, yes we took this approach the first time this bug appeared and I revised all groups and planes;
I even started a PBEM at my PC placing Jap TFs close to all allies (Pearl, LA, Colombo, Singer, Surabaja, Darwin and Rabaul) with all allied planes with NavSearch capabilities on the air;
This PBEM is running fine well passing March 42 while the beta test with my friend crushing around January 42;
We will perform a clean install at a new PC and see what happens;

Thanks for the insight!
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Hi GetAssista, yes we took this approach the first time this bug appeared and I revised all groups and planes;
So, what was the result? Did individual groups recon successfully with only them are flying and nothing else? Or does any recon mission crash the game?
There can be problems with a particular base which is reconned. Like errors in pwhex or such I dunno
Vipersp

Post by Vipersp »

What is in event viewer stays there either OS crash or not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vUOyxmU1o

It might point to a graphic problem for example and then you can update the drivers.

Hi Dili,

Thanks for the clarification!

Well as the attached pic I got a winsrv event id 10002;
My OS is win 10 so I am not sure what it means..even a search on the net did not bring me a clear view of which is causing the problem;

Attachments
event.jpg
event.jpg (241.8 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Vipersp

Post by Vipersp »

ORIGINAL: GetAssista
So, what was the result? Did individual groups recon successfully with only them are flying and nothing else? Or does any recon mission crash the game?
There can be problems with a particular base which is reconned. Like errors in pwhex or such I dunno

The first time the bug showed up was near Singapore and I revised ALL allied groups;
After that I started a pbem against myself as mentioned before..so far this game is running fine; the bug emerged again when my friend and I started a new beta test..it only happens with allied searching and this time near Pearl; That said we will try a fresh instance install at another PC to see if that can solve the issue;

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”