Slitherine Forces to Pull Afghanistan game due to "focus on killing"

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zorch

RE: Slitherine Forces to Pull Afghanistan game due to "focus on killing"

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

There are a few Forumites who have rather extreme views and feel a need to express themselves forcefully in what should be a relaxed, non-political environment. But it's only a few. Most of us don't bother calling them out, because we know that there isn't any reasoning with them. It does no good to try - it just feeds their mania. So the balance of the population, through silence, aren't acquiescing or agreeing. They just don't enjoy engaging in futility. It can be especially frustrating for us when people we respect begun to lump us in with the "fomenters." I have strong beliefs built through a lifetime of careful thought - just like most of the rest of you gents. I don't express those beliefs often; neither do I want those who happen to disagree with me to ridicule or dismiss my beliefs.
+1
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

I just wanted to weigh in and say that I also found comments, such as those quoted, to be very, very borderline for our forum. It's the prime reason I've been responding to such trolling. Honestly, were I the moderator, I'd have removed them to preemptively eliminate a flamewar (our mod does a just fine job, it's largely a matter of judgement and each mod's lines on acceptable conduct vary)

Yes, I know you would have censored the thread. It's that fascist drive to control everything about your surroundings that you can't help. Like an itch you have to scratch.

Perhaps that is why you aren't a moderator? did you think of that?

I am getting sick of feeling like I need to push back on what basically amounts to fact-free or fact-twisting propaganda in a forum for a game. These folks need to take these posts back to Facebook for the "pleasure" of their relatives, or head on over to reddit.com/r/TheDonald if they're really that inclined to spew forth.

Really? I don't remember anyone forcing your to read any comment I make or even to respond?

I post articles and discussions I like, not what you like. If you don't like my comments no one is holding a gun to your head forcing your to post your comments.

You have some great need to make yourself the arbiter of what is acceptable and what isn't.

Funny how I never call for anyone to be censored yet you frequently do.

Funny how you think me saying that folks should keep their culture war discussion elsewhere is me saying that you, specifically, should be censored. You're not that important.

Funny how you also misunderstand that what would be my more stringent application of the "no political discussion" rule as so-called fascism.

Only it's not actually funny.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Please tone it down or I'll have to lock this one...
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Nobody expects Die Kampfgruppe Apfel!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Please tone it down or I'll have ot lock this one...

See you guys went and woke up Bill.[:D]

Haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well.[:)]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
jamesjohns

Post by jamesjohns »

Please lock this thread, lot of trolling and lot of comments about "left-wing" or "religion" or "right-wing"

PS Also notice some posters are trying to turn this forum into political/current events; please take it elsewhere plenty of other places on internet for that. Lets stick to what the best fighter was in WWII or what if Japan won at Midway
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: jamesjohns

.....Lets stick to what the best fighter was in WWII
warspite1

Ooh oooh pick me, pick me, I know this one. It was the M4 Sherman, which beat the Zero hands down. FACT.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
jamesjohns

Post by jamesjohns »

It was the sopwith camel which shot down scores of B17’s when flown by the burgendy baron aka Eddie rickenbacker on December 7th 1941 over the skies of Auckland
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Francis Drake destroyed Bonaparte's invasion fleet so the U-boats couldn't sink the Titanic.
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

A Alabamian World War II pilot is reminiscing before school children about his days in the air force. "In 1942," he says, "the situation was really tough.

The Germans had a very strong air force. I remember, " he continues, "one day I was protecting the bombers and suddenly, out of the clouds, these fokkers appeared. (At this point, several of the children giggle.) I looked up, and right above me was one of them.

I aimed at him and shot him down. They were swarming. I immediately realized that there was another fokker behind me."

At this instant the girls in the auditorium start to giggle and boys start to laugh. The teacher stands up and says, "I think I should point out that 'Fokker' was the name of the German-Dutch aircraft company".

"That's true," says the pilot, "but these fokkers were flying Messerschmidts."

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Please tone it down or I'll have to lock this one...
ORIGINAL: rustysi
See you guys went and woke up Bill.[:D]

Haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well.[:)]

Life is very busy, but not as bad as mid-2016 to mid-2018.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

But WITP:AE is safe from Apple actions beacuse the game focuses on defending capitalist KMT and their future Foxconn-Apple-Gung Ho complex in China. It is cool to be a coolie!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”