New Data Base Up to 2020 All units For United States and Russia

arielchyld

New Data Base Up to 2020 All units For United States and Russia

Post by arielchyld »

This is a new database for Russia and Us up to the year 2020.

Please comments or requests just ask

Working on other factions

Need sprites... If you can make them please let me know I want a copy!!

Thanks
Attachments
mydatabase.zip
(251.43 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
kevinkins

RE: New Data Base Up to 2020 All units For United States and Russia

Post by kevinkins »

Hi and welcome. Might be a good idea to outline how your DB differs from the default so players can give you feedback. There will be a lot of user DBs floating around soon. It will be important to understand how they differ.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
arielchyld

Post by arielchyld »

This data base includes Troops,Vehicles,Weapons from 1992 to 2020

Just pick the date Past 1992 and the new units will appear that exist at that time. 2020 is the most moderns weapons etc...

There is alot of new units took a long time to put together... Also Aircraft perform different. Its not perfect but its better then almost all equal aircraft...
22sec

Post by 22sec »

I plan on checking this out soon. Thanka
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
https://twitter.com/22sec2
budd

Post by budd »

How do you switch to this database to generate missions in game? I don't see anything in the generate mission settings to switch databases.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
22sec

Post by 22sec »

ORIGINAL: budd

How do you switch to this database to generate missions in game? I don't see anything in the generate mission settings to switch databases.

You need to switch before launching the game from change settings option of the launch menu.
budd

Post by budd »

Roger that, thank you.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I was hoping some intrepid soul would get around to this. It is a lot of work, and no one expects perfection, even from the original database. In fact, Battlefront's Black Sea & Shock Force 2 get all the modern data from Goggle these days. Thanks!
arielchyld

Post by arielchyld »

i ENJOY IT!! Im not done yet. Im doing the other factions and I might be adding a few :)
22sec

Post by 22sec »

Good work so far. On the M1A2 you can create the CITV (or any other vehicle equipped with CITVs) as a weapon, give it night vision up to 5000m (replicate its 50x TIS), and no ammunition (obviously). Also, the Stryker Dragoon's are only armed with the 30mm autocannon. You may also want to look at adding the Stryker equipped with a mounted Javelin launcher that the 2 CR is now beginning to field alongside the Dragoon. One last thing, I might change the T-90 sprite to the T-72BM mod 89 sprite.
arielchyld

Post by arielchyld »

I will update the dragoons, I am working on the other factions. There is two more things i am planning. I am going to make units available to recruit that are allied... So if you US you can have french Units... stuff like that. I am also going to add diffrent types of troops and special forces.
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

ORIGINAL: 22sec
Good work so far. On the M1A2 you can create the CITV (or any other vehicle equipped with CITVs) as a weapon, give it night vision up to 5000m (replicate its 50x TIS), and no ammunition (obviously). Also, the Stryker Dragoon's are only armed with the 30mm autocannon. You may also want to look at adding the Stryker equipped with a mounted Javelin launcher that the 2 CR is now beginning to field alongside the Dragoon. One last thing, I might change the T-90 sprite to the T-72BM mod 89 sprite.
That's good idea to depict CITV and increase the detecting ability. Are there any number limits for weapons per a single unit?
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

How this mod depict the millimeter radar and 2nd gen / 3rd gen thermal? Advanced thermal sight and millimeter radar should detect and aim enemy thorough conventional smoke, and millimeter radar should be able to see though conventional multi spectrum smoke. Can we mod this feature as well?
22sec

Post by 22sec »

ORIGINAL: exsonic01

How this mod depict the millimeter radar and 2nd gen / 3rd gen thermal? Advanced thermal sight and millimeter radar should detect and aim enemy thorough conventional smoke, and millimeter radar should be able to see though conventional multi spectrum smoke. Can we mod this feature as well?

Not yet, but I am confident the change could eventually be made to add something such as millimeter/ground surveillance radar. Until then we have to fudge a bit by increasing the night vision of a weapon. For instance, I created the BRM-1’s Tall Mike GSR, rated it with 7000m night vision, and gave it an employ time so it can only be used once the vehicle has become stationary.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The downside to using night vision is the fact that it is a passive sensor and there is no way for the other side to detect it and take it out.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

ORIGINAL: 22sec
Not yet, but I am confident the change could eventually be made to add something such as millimeter/ground surveillance radar. Until then we have to fudge a bit by increasing the night vision of a weapon. For instance, I created the BRM-1’s Tall Mike GSR, rated it with 7000m night vision, and gave it an employ time so it can only be used once the vehicle has become stationary.
I think that is great idea, I was also thinking of Russian recon vehicles with battlefield radar. But I'm still worried about transmissivity. In this game, conventional smoke more or less hinder the thermal sight, reduce the thermal sight's range and interfere the target identification. Across the thick smoke (more than 5 tile thickness smoke), units can only see yellow icons which they cannot engage. For the first gen thermal, this is fair description IMO.

However, battlefield radar, as well as advanced thermals, should see and aim through conventional smoke. Multi-spectral smoke, which is equipped with tanks and IFVs, should block advanced thermal as well, but radiation from radar can see and aim through thermal-blocking smoke. I'm curious if we can mod this feature for advanced detection methods.
22sec

Post by 22sec »

No, as of now it couldn’t be modded. The addition of ground to air radar though shows that radar can be done. I think another check box could be added for radars that search for ground units. Hopefully one day...
arielchyld

Post by arielchyld »

Alright So This is where I am at.

I am adding modern factions to the US and Russian Units.
The reason I am doing it this way is to be able to use two factions at the same time that may be allies. So You can have British and us forces attack together. Us will have England,France,Germany. The Russians will Have China. Russia doesn't have a lot of allies with much military power. So it might just be china.

I fixed the Dragoon APC
Added a Stryker model With stingers

My thoughts on the targeting systems...

here is the problem your talking about the commanders sight having a range of 5000 meters.... its not realistic for this reason. The computer will see it as 360 Degree 5000 meter sight range.. when a command has to move the scope around and only see one view at a time.. I extended range but on a fair average amount because 5000 meter sight range is fairy tale level.. not real. Im going to add units with the current system before i start creating new sensors etc.. its a big project I am going to stay focused on one area at a time.

I will upload the new changes as a new post as soon as im done making units for allies..

Please keep making comments and suggestions

Thanks
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

ORIGINAL: arielchyld
here is the problem your talking about the commanders sight having a range of 5000 meters.... its not realistic for this reason. The computer will see it as 360 Degree 5000 meter sight range.. when a command has to move the scope around and only see one view at a time.. I extended range but on a fair average amount because 5000 meter sight range is fairy tale level.. not real. Im going to add units with the current system before i start creating new sensors etc.. its a big project I am going to stay focused on one area at a time.

Is this game induce 360 degree sight to all units? I thought facing direction have some priority for detection.

Anyway, I think modern thermals should have better detection and identification ability than 1st gen thermals. Modern M1A2 SEP models have high quality thermals with digital zoom ability, which can detect and identify enemy from 5km. I think it was the same from vanilla M1A2 model, isn't it? So 5000 meter range seems legit to me.
noooooo

Post by noooooo »

5000 sight range is not meaningful I don't think. The maximum view range for ground units in the game is 4km. If you click on the LOS tool the furthest any ground unit can see is 4km.

But yes, exsonic is right that the game already takes into consideration the direction that the commander is watching and also the direction the turret is facing. It's not a 360 degree detection.

Return to “MODS and Scenarios”